• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question In your honest opinion question 2 of 2

If Southend United does not fold in the next 12 months will we stay up?

• Total voters
Based upon the current squad i cant see it.

I am working on the basis of no Mildy, Francis, Moussa or Grant (possibly) would also be suprised if the French lads hung around.

You cant expect a team full of kids to be able to battle it out at this level. From memory at this level almost every side has 3/4 enforcer type players and will pump the ball into the box at every chance.

I cant see us signing anyone as there is clearly no money and Ricky Duncans comments about giving youth a chance make that even clearer. For me were dead in the water as we havent got any centre backs, can hardly muster an attack, our keeper wants out as does our best player (Francis). To me were staring at a relegation dog fight.

If Tilly goes I would say its disaster.

To early to say, at the moment no of course we wont stay up see what happens over the next few weeks though.

my feeling is that if we go bust it'll be sooner rather than later. So if we don't then that only looks like good news to me, and I hope good news will be coupled with investment/funds that will allow our club to have some form of success next season. It's not going to be pretty, but I remain optimistic.

On the strength of the current squad we don't stand a cats chance in hell of staying up IMO. Even if Francis / Mildy / Moussa etc don't leave, we just don't have the strength in depth to survive.

So it all depends on any investment - and I can't see any of that being available in a hurry....

I don't think so, but if ever there was a time to bung a tenner on relegation this is it. Anyone tell me the odds?

On the strength of the current squad we don't stand a cats chance in hell of staying up IMO. Even if Francis / Mildy / Moussa etc don't leave, we just don't have the strength in depth to survive.

So it all depends on any investment - and I can't see any of that being available in a hurry....

If you take Bournemouth as an example then there's a chance, remember they were under embargo all season and got promoted. However and being realistic 22nd will be an achievement.

This is tied to the first question. If Ron Martin gets the investment in then we should be able to support a modest wagebill buit that in turn should be enough to keep us comfortably up.

If he doesn't get the investment in then we'll start the season with this squad or smaller and obviously they would struggle badly. However in that instance, with no money to pay cash or wages, I wouldn't expect us to last the season so relegation itself wouldn't be an issue.

If you take Bournemouth as an example then there's a chance, remember they were under embargo all season and got promoted. .

Very true Harry, however i'm sure they had a squad of 19 when the season started. Several times, due to injuries they were down to 13 fit players and pleaded for the embargo to be lifted, due to this factor. They were unsuccessful in their appeal and to 'get on with it'.

I believe those 28 either know something or they have been sniffing something VERY strong .....

I believe those 28 either know something or they have been sniffing something VERY strong .....

If sufficient investment is found then the embargo will be lifted and we'll bring in a modest squad which should keep us up.

If sufficient investment is not found then we won't finish the season.

Either way I can't see us getting relegated.

Back