• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Incident outside Liv $t

* ORM *

Still Loves Emma Bunton. Roy McDonough is God!
Flying the flag for SUFC in Sai Kung, Hong Kong
Not entirely sure what the cause is but there are suggestions that tomorrow morning could be a problem. Had to get a tube to Stratford and now on an intercity to Shenfield. Hopefully with a Southend connection there.

just a prewarning - it will probably be ok but noone seems to know EXACTLY what the problem is.

First stories are it is the new bridge outside the station near Bethnal Green (the one that caused delays over the New Year and Easter). They have announced "infrastructure problems" what's the betting it has fallen down ?

Just has a call from my husband who is at Wembley and who took the train into Liverpool St.
No trains in or out tonight or early morning and being told to use Fenchurch street.

Bang goes my early night as now have got to wait up for them to collect from station to return to Rayleigh to collect the car.

*UPDATE*
Apparantly trains running from Stratford

As i suspected for tomorrow morning. I had no problems from Stratford and just a 5 minute wait at Shenfield. All Southend services going to and from Stratford but I just took the first available one when I got off the tube which happened to be an intercity full of drunken worzels.

Just come on BBC London News that part of the bridge has collapsed

You couldn't make it up. Yet again another remarkable feat of British engineering. Having kust seen the news my suspicion is next Monday at best before services are back to normal. I'm expecting an emergency timetable tomorrow - this could be fun and those on Fenny line should probably brace themselves for a seat bunfight.

From the BBC

"Justin Drerup, who lives close to the tracks, said his flat suddenly shook and cracks appeared in the plaster.

"I looked out of my window and could see the bridge was no longer sitting level," he said.

A spokesman for Network Rail said engineers from Transport for London, which had commissioned the new bridge from contractors, were inspecting the structure.

It was not known how long the delays would continue."

The usual "useful info" from National Express

http://www.nationalexpresseastanglia.com/

"Train services at London Liverpool Street are being disrupted due to an operating incident in the Liverpool Street area.
Engineers are working as fast as possible to restore services to normal. Delays of up to 60 minutes can be expected.

Train services are terminating & starting from Stratford/Hackney Downs & Tottenham Hale until further notice. PASSENGERS ARE ADVISED NOT TO TRAVEL."

Make no mistake - tomorrow will be hell on earth

Yet again another remarkable feat of British engineering.

Spouting more bollocks YET AGAIN you don't even know the reasons behind it yet Tony JESUS!!!! I work in engineering and let me tell you this country has some of the best engineers in the world working on projects all over the globe!

What a shower of absolute ****e. Shuttles to Shenfield onto already crowded platforms to try to get on trains that are already rammed to the rafters.

But you knew it would be like this today ...you said so yourself last night.

"PASSENGERS ARE ADVISED NOT TO TRAVEL"

What miracle had you expected to happen overnight?

You are right I expected problems. What I didn't expect was Southend trains teminating at Shenfield and adding fuel to the bonfire. Still I now have a seat on an all stations from Shenfield with the heating up full blast.

Nobody expects...

Monty_Python_Spanish_Inquisition.jpg

LATEST NEWS - It was scaffolding that collapsed, not the bridge. Delays expected of upto 60 mins and C2C services may be more congested. Expected to reopen at around 1430

Scaffolding my ar*e. I was on the train that was hit last night and it was a large iron girder that fell from the bridge. Water then rained down onto the train. Upon being evacuted from the train you could see the damage it caused the train. The policeman I was talking to said it appears that the weight of the rain water resting on top of the bridge was too much. I think National Express are trying to play down the incident, as usual!

All of this would've been very handy had I read it last night - struggling along in a half pi$$ed state after a night in london to find Liverpool Street shut. Took 3 hours to get from there to Southend Vic.....

Moral to the story: Keep reading the Zone, even when out at night :)

Morning all. Just got in after a fun journey. As previously said all Southend Vic trains were terminating at Shenfield, then another train was required to take us to Stratford and another termination. Police were on crowd control duty getting people onto the Circle line.. I decided Jubilee to West Ham then C2C was the order of the day.

Just as we left Stratford on the Tube they announced Liverpool St being reopened so it could be ok now...

Well my bosses think its pretty damn necessary to travel!!!!

Do these rail chiefs think that I get on those cattle wagons everyday for my health?! No I ****ing dont! It always amazes me when they advise people not to travel "oh ok I wont bother with work today".

They used a whole week at christmas to do this, and it overan anyway, then 5 months down the line its already collapsed! Fantastic.
Dont get me wrong I realise that we dont know the cause yet, but other than an earthquake or tsunami Im not really interested in what it is. Not really too many other excuses. I wouldnt care so much if it wasnt for the fact that I paid £2860 a ****ing year to travel on this shower of ****e. I know its life and it happens blah blah blah but its a little too often for my liking. Anyone that has endured one of these infamous "delays" in National Express will understand how I and every other victim feels.

Yes I choose to work in London, but its where the money is and if anyone is ever going to have a hope in hell of making a decent living and god forbid owning a house one day then you have to do it. There is no choice but to travel on the trains unfortunately but you just do not get the service quality in return for the extortionate amount of money you pay for it.

It also angers me after there has been 9 tickets inspectors (yes I counted) standing at Rayleigh station for about 8 of the last 10 working days checking tickets. Is there really any need for there to be 9 people all getting paid to do this? Rayleigh is hardly rammed at the seams in the mornings. The majority of people that pass through the stations in the mornings are commuters and most of them are not able to morph through the Liverpool street or Stratford barriers so would therefore not dream of getting away with not buying a season ticket. It just isnt practical and you wouldnt get away with it. They should put the money they pay to the baffoons at the station to check tickets into improving the service.

Ahh that feels better......

Back