• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

yogi bear up the cagire

Life President⭐
Julian Sherman
Why, I asked myself, were half of the passengers on my Ryanair flight from Stansted to Lourdes/Pyrénées today, of Indian appearance???? This is not the first time I've noticed it..... a mass Indian conversion to Catholicism?..........apparently not, I think I've found the answer.

«A Lourdes, les Tamouls ont deux pèlerinages»
www.liberation.frReligion . Le père José Marie de Antonio, de la Pastorale des migrants des Hautes-Pyrénées :

So, this month it's the Sri Lankan Tamils that make the pilgrimage to Lourdes (following the Indians in July) and are prepared go to the lengths of taking communion, even though they are not Catholic! They believe that they can extract some benefit from the pilgimage and see the Virgin Mary as some kind of Goddess. It also appears to be a type of purification for them as well......bizzare!

My sister goes to mass every Sunday at a place in Southchurch Rd (I went there for my niece's christening but the name escapes me) and she says a large part of the congregation are Lankans.

We visited a couple of churches when we were in Sri Lanka. Historically with a lot of trade and visitors/colonisers due to the Silk Road, religions and nations (in particular the Portuguese and Dutch I think) left their stamp.

I used to work at Nazareth House and it was great but it seemed to me that everyone in Southend with an Irish accent was juiced in somewhere down the line.

Back