• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Indoor/Outdoor Football Pitch Required For Winter U7's team

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
So, to cut a long story short. I am now managing Southend Manor U7's. They are just starting out in their football careers and really need more training sessions. Unfortunately for reasons I won't go into, we have lost our slot at Southchurch Park on Weds eve's. So we really need an alternate facility to train at midweek. Preferably on a Wednesday night, around 6:30-7:30pm.

So, If you know of any facilities available and the prices, could you please list them here.

Im thinking PlayFootball, Warners Bridge, Eastwood School, Boots & Laces???

The cheaper, the better. As we will only have around 9 parents paying for this at most.

Ideally in the Southend area as well, but will consider out to Eastwood/Leigh & Shoebury/Wakering areas also.

Really appreciate any help you guys can provide, a local, young and talented team.

Playfootball at the chase is about £50 per hour for a 5 a side pitch. Not many indoor places available for evenings, I have never been too keen on indoor football training for young children, although that might be better for the colder months.

Not sure about the prices for the other places.

Thorpe Bay School USED to hire out their indoor hall but have no idea if they still do and if so, who to contact.

B&L astro turf isn't for hire as a health risk and is never used / looked after / maintained. We trained there for 3/4 years for just £30 so couldn't grumble but we outgrew it and now train at PF but that isn't cheap... However, you want it early, so i reckon you could a 5-a-side pitch for £40! Email Paul.Horwood@playfootball.net and see what he says mate.

Cheers

Kev

Back