• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dont forget Harry Kyprianou !!!

So worse case scenario :

--------------------------------OXLEY----------------------------
ELVIS------------TURNER-----------------FERDINAND-----HENDRIE
WRIGHT---------YEARWOOD------------LEONARD---------BRIDGE
--------------------COX-------------BA------------------------

+ thats assuming old boys Turner + Ferdinand can play a 3rd game in 8 days. Also assuming PB doesnt pick a scapegoat from these guys ala Prosser/ Bolger + get rid of em !!!!
Not the best 11 we've ever had but if some of the bad apples are not around then the team spirit should improve and the youngsters should freshen things up and give a youthful enthusiasm.
Luckily it would appear Oxford's defence is not up to much!!!!!
Why would Bridge start over McGlashan when he can't even get on the bench?

Dont forget Harry Kyprianou !!!

So worse case scenario :

--------------------------------OXLEY----------------------------
ELVIS------------TURNER-----------------FERDINAND-----HENDRIE
WRIGHT---------YEARWOOD------------LEONARD---------BRIDGE
--------------------COX-------------BA------------------------

Still not a bad side though.

Still not a bad side though.

It could be a good side .......... but you have a left back there that seems to be too poor to get into the current side and 4 youngsters who need time on the pitch to continue to develop and learn their trade. If I were an opposition manager I would be looking for my players to boss those 5 players and get the win.

And on top of that it is possible to argue that Wright is playing out of position as well.

It could be a good side .......... but you have a left back there that seems to be too poor to get into the current side and 4 youngsters who need time on the pitch to continue to develop and learn their trade,
Being in the team is how they're going to find the opportunity to develop.

So who are me missing for Saturday?

Coker (for Sure) - Broken Leg
Kiernan (for sure) - Knee Injury

Smith (possibly) - Shoulder Injury
Kyprianou (possibly) - Thigh Injury
Fortune (possibly) - Hamstring Injury
McGlaughlin (possibly) - Hamstring Injury
White (possibly) - Hamstring Injury
Kightly (possibly) - Head Injury
Wordsworth (possibly) - Calf Injury & personal problems

Who's McGlaughlin?

New signing or is he a McLaughlin / McGlashan hybrid?? :winking:

I know PB likes to experiment, but that would be going too far :smile:

CP Quote: "Brown hopes Ben will be back playing again before Christmas".

No idea about Kiernan though.

I'd like to know what the update is with Ted Smith, I know he was ruled out with a shoulder injury, and then suffered a slight knock back in his recovery, but he managed to play a full 90 minutes for the U23's way back on the 7th of November, so he must be match fit of sorts, yet we seem to continue to pick Nathan Bishop as our sub keeper each match day.

I'd like to know what the update is with Ted Smith, I know he was ruled out with a shoulder injury, and then suffered a slight knock back in his recovery, but he managed to play a full 90 minutes for the U23's way back on the 7th of November, so he must be match fit of sorts, yet we seem to continue to pick Nathan Bishop as our sub keeper each match day.

Ted Smith injured the same shoulder but completely different injury and they are not connected. Not sure how much longer he will be out.:thumbsup:

I had completely forgotten about Kiernan. Oooops. :sad:

Latest update I can find for him, was on the 16th October, where it was stated that he would be out for at least another 2 months after coming back from Sweden to have an operation on his knee. So considering his he's been out of action since August and needs to get back up to fitness levels, I would imagine we won't see him until at least the 6th January against Northampton Town.

Ted Smith injured the same shoulder but completely different injury and they are not connected. Not sure how much longer he will be out.:thumbsup:

I was aware of that, which was my point in my post (unless he has picked up yet another 3rd injury that i'm not aware of) in the last 3 weeks or so.

I was aware of that, which was my point in my post (unless he has picked up yet another 3rd injury that i'm not aware of) in the last 3 weeks or so.

Not disagreeing with you, I was trying to say was it was more than a slight knock. Enough to keep him out for at least a month.

In Teds own words " I have never had a shoulder injurie before, so what are the chances of picking up a different shoulder injurie on the same arm whilst playing in your come back game."

Seems we haven't had much luck with injuries in the first half of the season regardless of players age.

About 8 hours ago. So fingers crossed hopefully in time for either the Bradford or Scunthorpe game.

He also mentioned Wordsworth was back in training today, and hoped Kyp's would be also.

I spoke to Ben a few weeks ago, he also said he could be back before Xmas, so could be a possibility. Good news for the fans, but could be the final nail for Hendrie.

I spoke to Ben a few weeks ago, he also said he could be back before Xmas, so could be a possibility. Good news for the fans, but could be the final nail for Hendrie.

that's a bit premature isn't it? I can't see Ben being match fit for a while yet surely. Ideally, I would like to see Coker and Hendrie at the top of their game and vying for selection.

that's a bit premature isn't it? I can't see Ben being match fit for a while yet surely. Ideally, I would like to see Coker and Hendrie at the top of their game and vying for selection.

dont know mate, maybe he was just being optimistic (although some on here may need to look that word up).

Guess that would make it 4 months from break to recovery...

I agree with you, we need competition for places, or 1st teamers get complacent as we’ve seen to our detriment. I’m personally hoping Hendrie gets a start on Saturday

Back