• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Spaceman Spiff

Attila the Admin ⭐
Staff member
Now our injury/unfit list is reaching the point where it's probably longer than the list of fit players, I'm losing track of who's expected back when. Any help greatly appreciated!

Turner Expected back ??
Ferdinand Injured??
Coker January 2018ish
Wordsworth ??
Kiernan ??
McLaughlin Injured??
Ranger September
Ba Injured??
White Injured??

Worsdsworth tweeted something yesterday from the training ground of him and Ranger, with Ranger saying he is knackered and wants to go straight to bed. I think they will both be back in the frame baring any setbacks probably for Shrewsbury or Northampton.

The others I dont have a clue.

Today's Echo says all being well Ranger should feature in an u23 game next Monday.

Ba is injured? but I thought he was young and hungry?!? young and hungry players don't get injured, only old players who are always injured?
That must be right coz it's established fact on here

Anymore news on the guys that are injured. Its a while till our next game, but just wondering who might make it.

The fact we haven't heard anything about Turner since the start of the season makes me a bit sceptical. I fear we may not see much of him this season.

The fact we haven't heard anything about Turner since the start of the season makes me a bit sceptical. I fear we may not see much of him this season.
I hope he does get fit, but it would not be surprised to see his contract torn up.

Anymore news on the guys that are injured. Its a while till our next game, but just wondering who might make it.
Based on the most recent updates we had, Turner and Kiernan should be fit this week or next week. That said, the lack of updates in the past few weeks on both may suggest it could be longer.

The fact that White and Ferdinand both had fitness tests for Saturday would suggest that they aren't far off being fit. Ba featured for the under 23s on Monday so imagine he'll be back.

Wordsworth doesn't seem far off, but would imagine he'll play a game or two for the under 23s before coming into the fold.

Ba is injured? but I thought he was young and hungry?!? young and hungry players don't get injured, only old players who are always injured?
That must be right coz it's established fact on here

Looking at the original list the ages of the injured players are :

32 33 27 28 26 27 19 31

Plus Hendrie if he isnt fit for the weekend...

So all the comments about signing old players being the problem doesnt really hold out, 5 out of the 9 are 28 and under and even John White doesn't have a bad injury record.

Looking at the original list the ages of the injured players are :

32 33 27 28 26 27 19 31

Plus Hendrie if he isnt fit for the weekend...

So all the comments about signing old players being the problem doesnt really hold out, 5 out of the 9 are 28 and under and even John White doesn't have a bad injury record.
I dont think most were complaining about the age of the players, more the amount of time they had not played because of one injury, or another.

I dont think most were complaining about the age of the players, more the amount of time they had not played because of one injury, or another.

Even so, ignoring Ranger who is a law upon himself , out of the list of 9 other players (incl Hendrie) I would say only 3 have any real historic fitness issues though, and one of them is 28 (Wordsworth).

Just had an awful amount of bad luck, the only questionable one so far is Turner.

Even so, ignoring Ranger who is a law upon himself , out of the list of 9 other players (incl Hendrie) I would say only 3 have any real historic fitness issues though, and one of them is 28 (Wordsworth).

Just had an awful amount of bad luck, the only questionable one so far is Turner.
Yeh, got to agree about Turner, big question marks about him when PB brought him in. We will see, hope the guy makes it, but the club can only wait so long.

Yeh, got to agree about Turner, big question marks about him when PB brought him in. We will see, hope the guy makes it, but the club can only wait so long.

Yeah he hasnt exactly shocked anyone by not playing. We did have plenty of cover to make up with it, but well you know the rest lol.

Back