• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just a massive slice of bad luck. No use in over analysing it..we have lost our best players at a critical time. Lenny with a moment of madness.
Brown must be gutted.

But doesn't every manager do the same. IIRC Sturrock played Mark Phillips to try to get us to Wembley for the JPT final when he clearly wasn't fit.

Didn't Phillips have a broken toe which was a lot worse than the usual small niggles they play with he had to paly because Cresswell was suspended. He didn't play again until the week before the final and then to cap it all Brown didn't pick him for the final!

John White has a hip problem according to the Echo. Did it first half and got worse as game went on. Doesn't sound like one that will be a quick fix.

But doesn't every manager do the same. IIRC Sturrock played Mark Phillips to try to get us to Wembley for the JPT final when he clearly wasn't fit.

......and he battled incredibly bravely to get us there, was subsequently out for a few weeks and was ignored by Brown for the final as his thanks.

Sorry LB - just noticed that you beat me to it!

......and he battled incredibly bravely to get us there, was subsequently out for a few weeks and was ignored by Brown for the final as his thanks.

Sorry LB - just noticed that you beat me to it!

We were talking about it last Saturday!

Not heard about John White yet. Woody could be fit for the next game. Ranger's knee is more of a worry now than his ankle. But you know what Phil Brown is like, he plays our most important players in desperation even if they are not fit.

So when exactly has he done that. Not yesterday, nor last Tuesday v Bolton.

And here is the proof from Phil Brown himself despite what you say....

“It will be a tough game but if we can wheel out our sick and wounded players then it’s going to be a good game of football,” said Brown.

“I’m going to have some big judgement calls to make and I may have to decide whether or not it’s right to go with a 50 per cent Adam Thompson or a 50 per cent fit Anton Ferdinand.

“I’m not sure if that’s the right thing to do but we will have to wait and see.”

From Phil's post match interview, the only possible doubtful's for Monday afternoon could be Wordsworth & Atkinson who both suffered from tight hamstrings. Hopefully they will both be ok though.

From Phil's post match interview, the only possible doubtful's for Monday afternoon could be Wordsworth & Atkinson who both suffered from tight hamstrings. Hopefully they will both be ok though.

So if he's been proved right and there is nothing to grumble about we are saved from a few pages of posts. I think we had a number of players with niggles- mid season maybe you'd miss a game now you won't - or for the next three for that matter.

Yeah there's nothing like a quick rub down with the magic sponge to fix everything!

Yeah there's nothing like a quick rub down with the magic sponge to fix everything!

I always found if it was cold enough I would be back on my feet and running around before the said sponge and bucket arrived...grhhhhh...

I always found if it was cold enough I would be back on my feet and running around before the said sponge and bucket arrived...grhhhhh...

That reminds me of a funny but true story, as a kid, I remember playing for Beech United away against some Canvey team in the bleak of mid winter, My dad used to use "Deep Heat" after a long days golf competition for he's muscles. So naturally I thought it could perhaps improve my performance also (obviously being about 11 years old and thought that "label guidelines were for losers" & not knowing what dosage to use).....

I nicked my parents deep heat from the bathroom medicine cabinet (they came in bottles in those days and looked like milk)... anyway needless to say I applied the whole bottle to both my legs.... about 5 minutes into the match I was in complete agony!.. the only thing that would cool it down was to run faster into the cold winter wind.

Needless to say I subbed myself after about 15 minutes and ran into the shed (changing room), to shower it all off!.

Back