• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Injury Updates

The Barratt news is hardly a surprise, I think we have been expecting it. As for Dieng, even if he is up for it I wouldn't risk him at Bristol. Time and time again we have seen players coming in after the '50/50' assessment and then disappearing straight back into the treatment room for a longer period immediately after the game. Hyam may not have the finesse of Dieng but he will work his socks off for the team. Dru, it seems, is starting to get a bit nearer fitness so maybe we wait for our injured to be fully fit and set to go before playing them.

Gutted for Sam too.

I think Tim should sit this one out regardless of there being a chance his fit. It's only one game, he'll have ample time to rest and get fit. With our injuries I look at a 50/50 as a huge risk!

One of the risks of signing a non-league semi-pro. Not used to the full time physicality to professional football.

One of the risks of signing a non-league semi-pro. Not used to the full time physicality to professional football.
The injury came in an Under 23 match didn't it? I doubt those are overly physical, it just sounds like bad luck.

The injury came in an Under 23 match didn't it? I doubt those are overly physical, it just sounds like bad luck.

I think you're missing the point. It not about the match itself. But going from training twice a week in the evenings and playing on a weekend to five times a week with the addition of an U23's match in midweek is a big change. You're right, most injuries are bad luck. But I'd hedge my bets on saying players making the step up from non-league are more likely to get injured in the process.

His previous injuries that disrupted pre-season yes, but this was an injury caused by contact in a match.

His previous injuries that disrupted pre-season yes, but this was an injury caused by contact in a match.
And you are sure that aren’t linked?
You can never be really sure about anything without first hand information, but it seems far more likely that the injury received during this game was not linked to anything else. But we shall never know.

Poor bloke - I hope they let him enjoy his birthday before he had to have the op!

And you are sure that aren’t linked?

Basically what RHB said.

I can’t be sure and I’m not a doctor etc but overwhelming probablity is that they aren’t linked.

Plenty of players struggle with step up from non-league to pro game but an injury like this is rare and doesn’t seem to be more common amongst those stepping up from non-league.

SOUTHEND United midfielder Lewis Gard suffered a hamstring injury in Wednesday night's Premier League Cup defeat to Oxford United.

More...

Stick the Moore and Lennon together, might actually have a decent centre back pairing then!

I'll be a lot happier when Lennon is fit and available as that gives us more choice. I need to see him play a few times before I get too excited though.

Back