• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Insider Knowledge

shrimperton

Manager
Just had an interesting chat with someone who is on Southends wage bill and someone who many people on this board know, what he said was,

Dan Harding: Southend have put their terms of £2000 week deal on table Harding wants £3500, when on loan from Ipswich they paid half of Hardings wages (he was on £5000), Southend are not sure if he is worth £3500 a week making him the top earner and other squad members would want parity.

Wage Bill: The wage cap at southend is around 100k a year for our top players, Ron sets the cap obviously.

Theo Robinson: Southend were willing to bust the bank and pay 200k for him.

Debt: Club is still 5 million in debt and all money from our big games last season and tranfers etc went towards paying that debt

Behind the scene; Surviving in league 1 is the priority this season that is what everyone inc playing staff has been told

I did ask who we might be in for after but information was not forthcoming.

Do i believe it personally, not sure, but this has come from a very very very reliable source. Not a great deal of info but from the horses mouth if you know what i mean

Last edited:
Behind the scene; Surviving in league 1 is the priority this season that is what everyone inc playing staff has been told

I cook the burgers on match day and no f***er told me that. My flipping technique is probably championship standard. I'm looking for a new club...

Just had an interesting chat with someone who is on Southends wage bill and someone who many people on this board know, what he said was,

Dan Harding: Southend have put their terms of £2000 week deal on table Harding wants £3500, when on loan from Ipswich they paid half of Hardings wages (he was on £5000), Southend are not sure if he is worth £3500 a week making him the top earner and other squad members would want parity.
It could happen if he dont get a better deal elsewhere, at this moment in time no one had offered more than sufc to Harding.

Wage Bill: The wage cap at southend is around 100k a year for our top players, Ron sets the cap obviously.

Debt: Club is still 5 million in debt and all money from our big games last season and tranfers etc went towards paying that debt

Do i believe it personally, not sure, but this has come from a very very very reliable source. Not a great deal of info but from the horses mouth if you know what i mean

The whole 'Theo' story is quite strange IMO. Ron said T+B valued him at 50k-100k, so at what point was we ever going to offer 200k?

Secondly, it doesn't really matter if we offered 200k or 20 quid, other teams has offers a lot higher than our accepted.

J

Amazing how we can be that much in debt, when in the past few years we have had...

Eastwood sale - £1.5m
Bailey sale - £750k
JCR sale - 750k
2 Spurs games at White Hart Lane
1 game against Man U
2 games against Chelski, one at the Bride and one at the hall

and all that DOESN'T equate to £5m?

Something fishy with that IMO

Amazing how we can be that much in debt, when in the past few years we have had...

Eastwood sale - £1.5m
Bailey sale - £750k
JCR sale - 750k
1 game against Man U

Im only repeating what i was told, i cant believe 5 mill either

I reckon the surviving in league 1 thing is true, another season of bringing in loanees to 'patch up the holes' looks on the cards.

Eastwood sale - £1.5m
Bailey sale - £750k
JCR sale - 750k
1 game against Man U

Yes, it's called compound interest.

Eastwood sale - £1.5m
Bailey sale - £750k
JCR sale - 750k
1 game against Man U

Bailey = 400K
JCR = 300K ???
The 4 games you mention probably add to about a million.

Eastwood sale - £1.5m
Bailey sale - £750k
JCR sale - 750k
1 game against Man U

Not this old chestnut again....we lost 2.5 mill when we came down from the Chumpianship but still had the same if not more wages to pay....we brought several dodgy players in that time....we also spent IMO at least 1 mill on getting this stadium project off the ground...we have been in debt for years and have to service that debt...The thing I would say is that the overall club staff these days is huge in comparison to a few years back, but this is surely helping to take the club forward.

Not this old chestnut again....we lost 2.5 mill when we came down from the Chumpianship but still had the same if not more wages to pay....we brought several dodgy players in that time....we also spent IMO at least 1 mill on getting this stadium project off the ground...we have been in debt for years and have to service that debt...The thing I would say is that the overall club staff these days is huge in comparison to a few years back, but this is surely helping to take the club forward.

Think your missing my point Cricks,

the rumour was we were 5m in debt, and the recent big transfers and big cup games profit went to paying off that debt. I'm trying to get across we MUST have made £5m roughly from all of those factors, so why are we £5m in debt.

Can't really argue with any of that.What i really want to know is......is your new fantasy stadium just pie in the sky talk from your tight chairman?
Looks like a grim season ahead for you lot with poor attendances and away following to match. Just like the old days eh?
Think i give Southend a miss this year.

Back