• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Inspired by the legend that is Keith Dublin

Bentley's Absurd Gait

With our current lack of striking resources, I am reminded of the season when Dubbers had a stint up front and bagged the odd goal. Couldn't Barrett fill in as an emergency striker with Richards deputising at the back? He has a nose for goal, would win his share of headers and wouldn't put us in deep sh!t every time he lost the ball.

Totally agree with this. i was saying this to a mate the other day and he wasn't too sure but i think it would work, plus AB does well with the ball at his feet too.

not the stupidest thing ive ever heard but i would reckon out of our defenders it's most likely that simon francis would play up there as he has actually done it for us before (and scored a good goal)

when SUFC is a well supported League One club the idea of being reduced to "emergency strikers" does my head in -

Fair point RB, but needs must when the devil vomits on your eiderdown.

Wasn't Dubbers player of the season the year we went down wearing those hideous yellow shirts?

Wasn't Dubbers player of the season the year we went down wearing those hideous yellow shirts?

Was that the year Royce was favourite to win, but when he announced he wasn't going to sign a new contract he mysteriously dropped right down the pecking order like an unfavoured Blue Peter pet name?

Barrett is slow as it gets and has the turning power of a small vessell. Whilst I love the man and want his babies I really think he is best kept at the back.

Yep, that's the one. What a season that was, we conceded 200 goals and our keeper should have won player of the season. There was also the bizarre spectacle of us scoring four wonder goals and a penalty against Bolton (who won the division) whilst the PA kept the Lancashire fans in good spirits as Essex wickets tumbled at Lords.

Yep, that's the one. What a season that was, we conceded 200 goals and our keeper should have won player of the season. There was also the bizarre spectacle of us scoring four wonder goals and a penalty against Bolton (who won the division) whilst the PA kept the Lancashire fans in good spirits as Essex wickets tumbled at Lords.

We scored four wonder goals, a penalty (which in those days was a cause for week long street parties, so rarely were they awarded to us in that division and so rarely did we actually convert them) AND an own goal.

McNally had about 6 attempts to clear the ball and only succeeded in putting it in his own net.

Happy days.

Myself and HockleyShrimper still refer to the year he won the player of the year. If we are out and see an average looking girl in a group of mingers we will call her "The Keith Dublin" - as in shes the best of a bad bunch, very similar to the season he won player of the season when the correct thing would have not to have had an award for that bunch of clowns

My dad, who's a football genius, has been heralding this very notion since the beginning of the season. Barrett up front could work wonders.

If we are out and see an average looking girl in a group of mingers we will call her "The Keith Dublin" - as in shes the best of a bad bunch

That is class - and will be adopted immediately :finger:

Myself and HockleyShrimper still refer to the year he won the player of the year. If we are out and see an average looking girl in a group of mingers we will call her "The Keith Dublin" - as in shes the best of a bad bunch, very similar to the season he won player of the season when the correct thing would have not to have had an award for that bunch of clowns

a phrase often used in the spread prior to kick off.

In an emergency it's worth a punt remember we also played with Spinner up top last year a couple of times. Leicester away springs to mind. Also as someone pointed out Francis did it as well as scored last year.

Or here's a radical idea:-

SIGN ANOTHER FORWARD!!!

Back