• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Instead of Goal line Technology

Aberdeen Shrimper

The Man who sold the world
As another possible option to Goal line Technology, during the Scotland v San Marino U19 game yesterday they added another 2 refs and positioned them on the goal line just hovering around the 18 yard box line.

The players commented after the game about it and seemed in favour, especially the strikers who mentioned that the shirt tugging and pushing was a lot less.

Great idea although can not see where all the extra officials would come from, although I am sure there is the money in the game to fund it. But with it not being a “Michel Platini” idea I am sure he will poor cold water on it.

As another possible option to Goal line Technology, during the Scotland v San Marino U19 game yesterday they added another 2 refs and positioned them on the goal line just hovering around the 18 yard box line.

The players commented after the game about it and seemed in favour, especially the strikers who mentioned that the shirt tugging and pushing was a lot less.

Great idea although can not see where all the extra officials would come from, although I am sure there is the money in the game to fund it. But with it not being a “Michel Platini” idea I am sure he will poor cold water on it.

anything that helps refs gets my vote,bout time they used official timekeepers as well ie claxon sounds when time is up.

Back