• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Insurance

Vange Shrimper

Mrs Rock God
I need to get content insurance for when i go to uni, but am having problems getting some as i've never searched for insurance before and wouldnt know where to start. Just tried to get a quote from Lloyds, but they wouldn't insure me as i'm a student.

Anyone know any good insurers i could get a quote from?

I have my home contents insurance with Nationwide.

You could try the AA website, I think they search for a good deal for you.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ Aug. 11 2004,14:14)]I need to get content insurance for when i go to uni, but am having problems getting some as i've never searched for insurance before and wouldnt know where to start. Just tried to get a quote from Lloyds, but they wouldn't insure me as i'm a student.

There are loads of companies that insure students, try the NUS website for links.

Depending on which city you go to you will probably find it is quite expensive.

Locals know that if they rob a student place instead of one tv, one pc, one stereo etc. they are likely to find one of each appliance in each bedroom.

I was burgled at leat six times in various houses across Manchester in the early 1990.

On one occasion I was eating my breakfast and watching rainbow! I heard the door slam and when I went out into the hall two mountain bikes had vanished!

We also found out that local mini cab drivers where tipping blaggers off when people all left the house in a cab.

If you want my advice don't take anything flash with you.

Some scally will have it of you double quick.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Aug. 11 2004,14:22)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ Aug. 11 2004,14:14)]I need to get content insurance for when i go to uni, but am having problems getting some as i've never searched for insurance before and wouldnt know where to start. Just tried to get a quote from Lloyds, but they wouldn't insure me as i'm a student.

There are loads of companies that insure students, try the NUS website for links.

Locals know that if they rob a student place instead of one tv, one pc, one stereo etc. they are likely to find one of each appliance in each bedroom.

I was burgled at leat six times in various houses across Manchester in the early 1990.

On one occasion I was eating my breakfast and watching rainbow! I heard the door slam and when I went out into the hall two mountain bikes had vanished!

We also found out that local mini cab drivers where tipping blaggers off when people all left the house in a cab.

Thanks for that information, Cyril. Im worried now
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ Aug. 11 2004,14:27)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Aug. 11 2004,14:22)]
[b said:

Thanks for that information, Cyril. Im worried now  
rock.gif
Where are you thinking of going?

A lot of places are no bother at all.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ Aug. 11 2004,14:38)]Im leaving to go to Cheltenham
Oh dear.....

I thought Moss side, Longsight and Salford were rough but I have heard that Cheltenham is also known as the Bronx of the Cotswolds....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Aug. 11 2004,14:46)]
[b said:
Oh dear.....

I thought Moss side, Longsight and Salford were rough but I have heard that Cheltenham is also known as the Bronx of the Cotswolds....
It's lovely in Cheltenham, how can you say that?!!
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (new bloke @ Aug. 11 2004,15:42)]Hils speak to Mr Ken Mcnasty he works in insurance
Can his payment protection racket really be called Insurance!!

Well I guess if you pay the premium your contents are left alone.

blues.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ Aug. 11 2004,14:48)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Aug. 11 2004,14:46)]
[b said:
Oh dear.....

It's lovely in Cheltenham, how can you say that?!!  
laugh.gif
Its great in Cheltenham especially during the the racing festival. One downside is the curry houses are crap !

biggrin.gif

If you've got an Egg card , im sure their doing 10% car and house if you also buy on line ?

Hils,
My wife ( feels weird saying that) went to Cheltenham College as it was and now Uni.
Are you staying in Halls or house sharing?
When she comes in from work I will find out all the dos and donts of Cheltenham for you

Funnily enough I never bothered with insuring anything when I was at uni. Mainly because I never had anything worth nicking.

There's no need for anything over the top at all- PCs should be available at uni, bikes are a waste of money, don't bother with an expensive hi-fi, and don't bother with a TV. Sorted.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Benfleetshrimp @ Aug. 12 2004,12:11)]Hils,
My wife ( feels weird saying that) went to Cheltenham College as it was and now Uni.
Are you staying in Halls or house sharing?
When she comes in from work I will find out all the dos and donts of Cheltenham for you
Cheers, Wayne
smile.gif

Im staying in halls of residence, and it is a bit pricey, but worth it cos my room is massive and en suite. It's a lovely place and i cant wait to move in there.

Back