• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Insureandgo

Shrimper till i die

Youth Team
Needed some insurance for me last minute holiday the other week so decided to give em a call. Not too bad just £9 although wouldn’t give me any sort of discount baring in mind each Saturday I walk around advertising their services.

Anywho… met me mates out in Ibiza and mentioned the whole insurance thing n found out I was the only one that bothered getting some. I know its only £9 but that £9 could of gone to something much more important… beer.

Any of you guys not bother about holiday insurance? Don’t think ill bother next year, I know its mandatory but no one every checks and iv never needed to claim. Although I suppose the year I don’t get any sods law will ensure I lose all my bags and break all limbs.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper till i die @ Aug. 24 2006,18:11)]Needed some insurance for me last minute holiday the other week so decided to give em a call. Not too bad just £9 although wouldn’t give me any sort of discount baring in mind each Saturday I walk around advertising their services.

Anywho… met me mates out in Ibiza and mentioned the whole insurance thing n found out I was the only one that bothered getting some. I know its only £9 but that £9 could of gone to something much more important… beer.

Any of you guys not bother about holiday insurance? Don’t think ill bother next year, I know its mandatory but no one every checks and iv never needed to claim. Although I suppose the year I don’t get any sods law will ensure I lose all my bags and break all limbs.
Shocking that you dont get a discount.

Least with Betterview you got 10% off your windows/conservatory if you had a season card!

TBH there's so much small print with holiday insurance, for something you think you're covered for, the truth is your probably not even covered!!!

I'd always advise getting travel Insurance on a Lads Holiday...

A friend of mine drank way too much one night on his holiday, so bad he needed hospital treatment. For that pleasure he was charged 170 Euros... 170 Euros he would've lost for good if it weren't for Holiday Insurance.
And you don't know whats gonna happen when you're drunk
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]And you don't know whats gonna happen when you're drunk
tounge.gif

what a quality strap line, you ought to sell it!

Stella - because you just dont know whats gonna happen when you're drunk

DON'T avoid getting holiday insurance. I'm involved in the tourist industry here in Spain and I can recount many horror stories involving those who "didn't bother" for the sake of a few extra beers. It's £9 for the insurance or £900 for the hassle; your choice!

I'm surprised the insurance company paid up if he drank himself into hospital. If you are travelling within the EU you should get whatever replaced the old E-111s. Can't remember how exactly they work, I'm sure someone on here could tell you.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Aug. 25 2006,14:42)]I'm surprised the insurance company paid up if he drank himself into hospital. If you are travelling within the EU you should get whatever replaced the old E-111s. Can't remember how exactly they work, I'm sure someone on here could tell you.
Its a long, complicated story and i don't know the full ins and outs of it...

And the E111 forms now come in some kind of plastic card thing.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Aug. 25 2006,14:42)]I'm surprised the insurance company paid up if he drank himself into hospital. If you are travelling within the EU you should get whatever replaced the old E-111s. Can't remember how exactly they work, I'm sure someone on here could tell you.
Go to www.dh.gov.uk and click on the section that says "EHIC and health advice for travellers". You can apply on-line and the card is posted to you within a few days.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ Aug. 24 2006,18:21)]A friend of mine drank way too much one night on his holiday
Doesn't everyone?!
rock.gif

But seriously though, I would advise getting travel insurance to anyone. Anyone not getting would be a fool not to. Mike states "its £9 for the insurance or £900 for the hassle", well if you were seriously injured then you would be lucky to keep that second figure to just two 0's on the end!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]SUFC supporters have their own designated telephone number to call InsureandGo on, which is 0870 220 8249. You must quote the following number to get the discount - SUL5

they could have sent me this earlier!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper till i die @ Aug. 25 2006,23:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]SUFC supporters have their own designated telephone number to call InsureandGo on, which is 0870 220 8249. You must quote the following number to get the discount - SUL5

they could have sent me this earlier!!!
Shocking that they couldn't tell you this really...
glare.gif

got to add my twopenneth here because a friend broke her neck falling off a balcony in tenerife (obviously very drunk) but without in insurance the air ambulance woulds have run into tens of thousands!!!!!!

so be carefull

Back