• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Don't get distracting him Rob, we'll never get any further on the novella!

OK, Kay- just wanted Slip to know that this one hadn't been forgotten either and just like how you and Tinks helped give me a new angle earlier today (with the 'council house'/class discussion), a timely contribution can sometimes 'spark up' the old engine! No pressure, Slip! ;)

On a more serious note, why not make it more akin to War of the Worlds and have a ancient alien/being of some description arise from the chasm. Of course, a better ending would be required, can't have this thing falling down dead due to a insy wincy bit of flu (man, pig, bird or otherwise). I'm thinking Independence Day sans crummy "my laptop can interface with alien tech never seen before on Earth".

Or they find the hole and go down and realise the earth is like an onion, hundreds of layers with different worlds in :D

No progress at all, I'm afraid. Today I will be mostly editing the Rugby book and then I'm bogged down with the Cricket book all the way to July. The Golf book takes me up to September and then I'm doing nothing but football journalism until I get married in December. However, I'll be back from my honeymoon in mid-January and then.....thats when I'll finish the Novella!

I'd actually forgotten all about this! I was going to go with the Crichton-style of creating a sympathetic character for the first chapter and using him only as a device to ratchet up the tension. The tube train would have slipped to a Fredheim-style, sub-layer of land where the eclectic mix of occupants would fight for survival.

At least, that's what was going to happen until I mentioned it to someone and they said, "Huh...so it's basically Lost meets Journey To The Centre Of The Earth?"

Damn

No progress at all, I'm afraid. Today I will be mostly editing the Rugby book and then I'm bogged down with the Cricket book all the way to July. The Golf book takes me up to September and then I'm doing nothing but football journalism until I get married in December. However, I'll be back from my honeymoon in mid-January and then.....thats when I'll finish the Novella!

I'd actually forgotten all about this! I was going to go with the Crichton-style of creating a sympathetic character for the first chapter and using him only as a device to ratchet up the tension. The tube train would have slipped to a Fredheim-style, sub-layer of land where the eclectic mix of occupants would fight for survival.

At least, that's what was going to happen until I mentioned it to someone and they said, "Huh...so it's basically Lost meets Journey To The Centre Of The Earth?"

Damn

Donst mean to say it wont work ! Ignore these jealous types ;)
The marriage things not important im sure she'll understand :D

Damn

Some of the best stories are juxtapositions of others.

I'm currently putting together a story which is basically Buffy meets The Office.

Back