• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Interesting article about the Queen Mother

No fan at all as you can well imagine, but it's fortunate you can't libel the dead.

"She used the money to pay for 83 full-time staff, including four footmen, two pages, three chauffeurs (what do they do, split her into three parts for transportation?), a private secretary, an orderly, a housekeeper, five housemaids... the list goes on and on."

Blimey even MTS doesn't have 3 chauffeurs..;)

Sounds like a good idea for a book,'How to rob the masses',i can't ask ma'm,for any ideas unfortunately shes past on,maybe i'll try New labour.

No fan at all as you can well imagine, but it's fortunate you can't libel the dead.

Johann Hari doesn't do himself any favours at times, but he's certainly no respecter of the reputations of the living members of the royal family either. Shawcross's book has made the subject topical again, so I don't see that it's any less valid to temper the hagiography with a counterargument in this instance than it was with Michael Jackson or the venerable Jade Goody.

The evidence for her racism is a little thin. One quote from a journalist 'who knew her'. I'd also recommend that Mr Hari got laid once in a while.

I've not read the article, but the stereotype is that she was a gin-swilling, control freak that smelt of wee.

Now, I don't know about anyone else, but isn't that the type of thing we should all aim to achieve in our twighlight years?

Kind Regards

"three chauffeurs (what do they do, split her into three parts for transportation?)"

Now I'm not necessarily defending the old bag, but that's a really facile point right there. Ever heard of staff taking holidays Mr Hari?

Johann Hari once wrote an article about his daring plan to rid the world of extremism. It involved him ****ing members of far-right groups in an effort to change their minds. He ****ed an American Nazi and a Finsbury Park Muslim and then asked them to reconcile their political views with the fact that he'd just bummed them.

I used to work in the same building as Hari. He's a funny looking chap. Reminds me of either a chubby Harry Potter or a lesbian social worker.

"three chauffeurs (what do they do, split her into three parts for transportation?)"

Now I'm not necessarily defending the old bag, but that's a really facile point right there. Ever heard of staff taking holidays Mr Hari?

Or maybe even simpler they just worked eight hours a day each.

Back