• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Interesting article on Hattrick

sufcintheprem

This is a modified caption
False economy of Youth players]

Read through this article and it seems to suggest that clubs are actually opting to play hattrick in the lower leagues where they get better attendances in order to generate money for a push on the top spots in the top leagues.

Will be interesting, as they suggest, to see how hattrick would react if all teams start coveting places in lower leagues over those in higher leagues and deliberately acted to avoid promotion.

Tis true, I could easily have dropped back down and romped Level VI but decided to try and stay up. The downside was having to break up my training regime to fund squad redevelopment, I would have 6 or 7 outstandings by now if I'd left my roster intact. Looks like I may be going back involuntarily this season but it won't really be a bad thing.

I dropped out of V into VI to train scoring and am walking my league the opposition couldnt even beat my reserves. Next season I will revert to playmaking in level V with a stronger side than I had last season in level V. So I am proof of said document.

I too am proof of said document, 6 seasons i've been playing hattrick and never finished above second in the league I am in at the moment, but I get crowds of over 30,000 regularly and was just off 50,000 earlier this season.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ June 29 2005,17:44)]I too am proof of said document, 6 seasons i've been playing hattrick and never finished above second in the league I am in at the moment, but I get crowds of over 30,000 regularly and was just off 50,000 earlier this season.
I don't think the idea is to spend forever in Level VI though Toddy!

Back