• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sherif H

Omar's older brother
Noticed this during a boredom-induced search of the ever-unreliable Football Rumours site...

08 Apr 2011 14:10:20
Southend United in breach of contract with striker Matt Paterson, currently on loan at Stockport County, for non-payment of wages. Paterson is taking legal action in order to be released from his contract, and will shortly sign a pre-contract agreement with Brighton.

Several other players at the club are also commencing legal action over regular late wage payments (breach of contract) and expect to be released from their deals. These include Anthony Grant (interesting Charlton and Colchester), Chris Barker (Torquay), Ryan Hall (Ipswich, Bournemouth, Brentford and Gillingham), Blair Sturrock (Inter Feering) and Barry Corr (Tranmere).

Lol @ Blair Sturrock comment...

I wouldn't be surprised if this was true, the teams may be a bit off but the way this club is run I won't be holding my breath

Aren't Corr, Sturrock and Hall all out of contract at the end of the season? Why would they take legal action when they could just leave in a couple of months...

Aren't Corr, Sturrock and Hall all out of contract at the end of the season? Why would they take legal action when they could just leave in a couple of months...

Of course, all the rumours on that site are nonsense (although a couple on there about SUFC have been at least partially correct in the past). However, if this one has any truth to it they may be asking to be released from their deals to ensure they are paid up in full.

Mentioned on the woefully presented Late Kick Off last night that Grant is interesting Col Ewe.

Southend_Players_taunt_colchester_fans_.jpg

Yep, Granty loves taking the **** out of Colchester United.

Is Barker for Torquay that far fetched? He was at Plymouth for a fair while - does he still have family / friends in the south west?

Said it all. Dave still thinks we are playing in the championship, i think he was too young to remember our last stint in this division when our players of the year were running off to other league 2 clubs at the end of the season and i do believe our top goalscorer (Constantine) ditched us for Torquay one year all be it they had just won promotion.

Said it all. Dave still thinks we are playing in the championship, i think he was too young to remember our last stint in this division when our players of the year were running off to other league 2 clubs at the end of the season and i do believe our top goalscorer (Constantine) ditched us for Torquay one year all be it they had just won promotion.

LOL
Yep, that'll be it, I think we are still in the Championship, because after all that's obviously when I started supporting Southend. Aswell as being too young to remember our last stint in this division I'm also too stupid to remember or understand anything other than being in the Championship.
The comment towards Torquay wasn't really a serious one, I'm sure Chris Barker's sights are set on better clubs than Torquay, he should be playing in the Championship, he's real quality and after all HE LOVES SOUTHEND UNITED, which is the best thing about him.

Our players obviously have a decent team spirit and if you saw the bird he was with in The Mews the other night then he wont be going anywhere....
:smile:

LOL
Yep, that'll be it, I think we are still in the Championship, because after all that's obviously when I started supporting Southend. Aswell as being too young to remember our last stint in this division I'm also too stupid to remember or understand anything other than being in the Championship.
The comment towards Torquay wasn't really a serious one, I'm sure Chris Barker's sights are set on better clubs than Torquay, he should be playing in the Championship, he's real quality and after all HE LOVES SOUTHEND UNITED, which is the best thing about him.

Our players obviously have a decent team spirit and if you saw the bird he was with in The Mews the other night then he wont be going anywhere....
:smile:

Ok fair enough i thought you were serious Dave. I too rate Barker and would hope if he did want to move it would be to a higher level but i wouldnt rule it out. The fact that he did end up at us means he isnt too fussy ;-)

Ok fair enough i thought you were serious Dave. I too rate Barker and would hope if he did want to move it would be to a higher level but i wouldnt rule it out. The fact that he did end up at us means he isnt too fussy ;-)

Moved from a completely moneyless club to another.
We don't know these days look at Simpson, who we will be playing against next season, 'There's only one greedy barstad'.
However I see Barker as more of a bloke who plays for the love of the game than for the money, they are rare, but we always manage to get a couple in our squads which is nice.

Back