• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Interesting Facts That You Probably Never Wanted To Know

Harold Bishop Killer

Got bummed around Aus
Human thigh bones are stronger than concrete

If you keep a goldfish in a dark room, it will eventually turn white.

Until the 19th Century blocks of tea was used as currency in Siberia

The dot over the letter 'i' is called a tittle

Polar Bears are left handed

Alfred Hitchcock did not have a belly button

Nutmeg is extremely poisonous if injected intravenously

You can not lick your elbow

The four members of ABBA appeared for the first time together in public for years at the recent Mamma Mia premiere in Sweden. I thought that was interesting but got ripped to shreds in the office yesterday when casually dropping this into the mix.

Owls are the only bird that can see the colour blue

The moon is moving away from the earth at a rate of 4 centimetres a year

There is no location on Earth at which you cannot hear Barry Harris's voice.

There is no location on Earth at which you cannot hear Barry Harris's voice.

This is all to true, I heard on the news last week that the Viper fish (pictured) that lives in depths of 1600 metres below the surface has taken to luring it's pray by stunning it with loud noisy bursts of "Ooohhhhhhhh no listen" thus rendering it unable to move

viperfish_thm.gif

From another website...

Stephen Fry: What do the French call custard?
Alan Davies (in French accent): Cu-tarr!
Stephen Fry: Good guess but no no, they don't really have a word for custard, they don't believe it exists. I mean, I mean that's to say they just don't recognise...
Alan Davies: Take some over and pour it on em.
Stephen Fry: What we call custard they call creme anglaise. But they don't sort of recognise, but what we call confection as custard they just call creme and what they make...
Alan Davies: Do you know what, I was in a restaurant today and it said Apple Pie with creme anglaise.
Stephen Fry: Yes that's custard.
Alan Davies: And I thought I'll have it anyway, just...
Bill Bailey: What would you say if you want... 'I want custard on it'... (Impersonating the waiter) 'I'm afraid sir it does not exist, you have placed me into an existential quandary, I'm afraid I'll have to leave the restaurant, you sir, you are barred for life, I stab you with this chalk'.

Did you know that South Bank Hank's favourite gal's 'The Weathergirls' (It's raining men fame...) are still on the go? Apparently they released an album in 2005 entitled 'Totally Wild', which in fact, turned Mr Hank, erm, totally wild...

Interestingly also, their song 'Well-a-wiggy' made it to #76 in the US R&B chart in 1985.

Seeing all those posts on custard, do you know if you fill a swimming pool with custard in its liquid state you can literally "walk" on water (if you move fast enough) as when compressed it actually thickens.

Seeing all those posts on custard, do you know if you fill a swimming pool with custard in its liquid state you can literally "walk" on water (if you move fast enough) as when compressed it actually thickens.

You've been watching Brainiac havnt you ;)

Did you know the Characther The Thing from the Fantastic four was the first openly relgious Superhero , he had a bar-mitizpher eaxctly 13 years after his first appearnce (his also based on Jack Kirbys older brother(they were created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby)

You've been watching Brainiac havnt you ;)

Did you know the Characther The Thing from the Fantastic four was the first openly relgious Superhero , he had a bar-mitizpher eaxctly 13 years after his first appearnce (his also based on Jack Kirbys older brother(they were created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby)

Lol, got me!

If you apply enough pressure it becomes solid.

i ****ed my self when he stopped walking and then sank...every time they tried to get him out by pulling him the custard would form a solid round his leg and he was stuck fast

BB fame ay!!!!!!

Back