• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Interesting Info

shrimperton

Manager
Had a phone call tonight to from my man in the know regarding Ron and a couple from the consortium:

Ron HAS borrowed £2 million the money from sainsburys and basically took the bankers draft with him to court today.

He also told me 2 members of the consortium, Someone who is aready on the board (its hi tech so cant mention his name err umm:)) and also the son from the rubins family who father was once chairman here. They have kept the consortium secret cos they are interested in getting in football so WILL be buying a club of some sort if they cant get Ron to move out...........

Thats all really but interesting!!!

Last edited:
As a point there have been two generations of the Rubin family as club chairmen, firstly Bill, and when he passed away Mark, who also had brother Tony on the board with him.

however it is very interesting. Now the consortium has appeared I hope Ron will at least speak to them and see what they want. I doubt if he will loosen his reins BUT surely if they all love the club as much as they say they do they can form some sort of partnership and bury any hatchets that might be lying about. Or am i being naive. They have money and maybe fresh ideas. And the Rubins who inherited the club when their father unexpected died may feel they were too young to do it justice at that time and want to make amends.

I don't think Ron is interested in talking to anyone, no matter who they are, he is intent on following all of this through on his own so that he reaps all of the profit, he doesn't care if it destroys the club or the supporters on the way, the man has one motivation, his profit. It may even have been a blessing if we had gone into admin, at least then the consortium or other prospective buyers may have had a chance of buying the club. I am afraid we are stuck with Ron. UTB.

I don't think Ron is interested in talking to anyone, no matter who they are, he is intent on following all of this through on his own so that he reaps all of the profit, he doesn't care if it destroys the club or the supporters on the way, the man has one motivation, his profit. It may even have been a blessing if we had gone into admin, at least then the consortium or other prospective buyers may have had a chance of buying the club. I am afraid we are stuck with Ron. UTB.

I don't think Ron sees his long term future as owner of SUFC. I'm sure he is on record as saying that when we are in Fossets he will be looking to exit - this is earlier than he thought but there is no reason why Ron would lose out financially by selling SUFC now.

But surely when he pays the money on Friday! Hes saved us again? and It's not a bad thing to be stuck with?

saved us from what? even if he comes across on Friday we still can't pay the players, we still don't have a full squad, we are still going to struggle if we get injuries or suspensions, sorry, but i am asking myself what RM has saved us from, that is of course if he saves us. Oh and also we still don't have onions in our burgers, all down to Ron i think.

i know, ever the downer, the last few weeks have got me that way. UTB

saved us from what? even if he comes across on Friday we still can't pay the players, we still don't have a full squad, we are still going to struggle if we get injuries or suspensions, sorry, but i am asking myself what RM has saved us from, that is of course if he saves us. Oh and also we still don't have onions in our burgers, all down to Ron i think.

i know, ever the downer, the last few weeks have got me that way. UTB

I agree! Burgers which taste more like rubber! come on.... £2.80 for a burger which is cold and tastes like **** is wrong.....

I'm sure your friend "in the know" is gonna be dead chuffed at you letting this info loose into cyberspace.

Yet you completely ignore the fact the stadium is more elaborate than what we need.

If he is so focussed only on making money from the project and has no interest in the club why didnt he design a much more basic ground, save money and thus increase the profit you keep saying he is only interested in?

Sorry but yes he wants to make money but he has the clubs best interests at heart and has just struggled in the current financial climate to realise his ambitions.

Dont judge him on the past few months, judge him on what he achieves over the next few years....

I'm sure your friend "in the know" is gonna be dead chuffed at you letting this info loose into cyberspace.

OBL i have a friend who's brothers aunt has a friend who works in the food industry, she told me secretly that RM uses onions to help keep his hair in place. Now, the "i have a friend" thing never works with me, so i am sure none of us will worry about letting 'secrets' out in cyberspace. Still think you are a star. UTB IN TILLY & BRUSH WE TRUST.

Well what do you know, you get critisied on here when you dont mention names and critisied when you do, Thought some people might like to know whos behind the other bid

Oh well cant win em all

Well what do you know, you get critisied on here when you dont mention names and critisied when you do, Thought some people might like to know whos behind the other bid

Oh well cant win em all

I'm not criticising, i'm genuinely lovin it. It's what i come on here for, the insider info. If i want to be plagued by vaguerisms i'll stay at work and listen to the Tottingham numptys telling me how my clubs going up the wall blah, blah blah.
Keep the gossip coming and don't be afraid to speak. Thousands of words may be written on here about your post, but nothing will be written about nothing.

The Hi-tec guys ( van weasels ) have always had a soft spot for SUFC and have been on teh board for ages , not sure A man of Franks age will be much cop on teh football front but his son Ed i believe is well into his football and always has been a big foloower of SUFC

does this mean a return of this??
southend_united_1991-1992.gif
1991-1992 o

Dont judge him on the past few months, judge him on what he achieves over the next few years....

I'm judging him on the fact that a tax bill wasn't paid for near on 3 years, Who's fault is that? The economy?

Back