• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Interesting Point Made Post match by PB

ColinMorrisWalksOnWater

Assistant Head Coach⭐⭐
I don't know whether many others picked up on this point that PB pulled no punches in talking about in post match? He made a big dig at the training methods used by the previous team, stating that many of the techniques and instructions to players were "...foreign to me". He back this up with the tale of the time Jack Bridge had spent on loan at Bournemouth during his previous tenure and the stories he told of training techniques used there. Now this must be a system that worked for the group their and the teams training it into their players at that level, but would seem to support some of the points that some have been making on here for a while this season, regarding set up and perceived training techniques in use. He was at pains to point out that he would be spending as much time as possible trying to uninstall these set ups as quickly as possible and getting the players to do what he wants to do...before Exeter, saying he had 5 days to make this impact, but also questioning whether he could do it.

I found these points both interesting an insightful....anyone else pick up on this and have any views?

I don't know whether many others picked up on this point that PB pulled no punches in talking about in post match? He made a big dig at the training methods used by the previous team, stating that many of the techniques and instructions to players were "...foreign to me". He back this up with the tale of the time Jack Bridge had spent on loan at Bournemouth during his previous tenure and the stories he told of training techniques used there. Now this must be a system that worked for the group their and the teams training it into their players at that level, but would seem to support some of the points that some have been making on here for a while this season, regarding set up and perceived training techniques in use. He was at pains to point out that he would be spending as much time as possible trying to uninstall these set ups as quickly as possible and getting the players to do what he wants to do...before Exeter, saying he had 5 days to make this impact, but also questioning whether he could do it.

I found these points both interesting an insightful....anyone else pick up on this and have any views?

Clearly (correctly) not a fan of ‘the process’.

Can’t think why.......

Played awfully similar to the previous regime for “foreign methods”

Absolutely.

PB must have had at least ten minutes to change it - maybe even eleven minutes.

Really difficult game next week but I anticipate that we will approach it a little differently.

Free game really.

I watched their 4-0 spanking of the Os - decent side.

Absolutely.

PB must have had at least ten minutes to change it - maybe even eleven minutes.

Really difficult game next week but I anticipate that we will approach it a little differently.

Free game really.

I watched their 4-0 spanking of the Os - decent side.

Exeter are one of the best teams in the division. Yet we actually outplayed them back in October and only that last second screamer from Fisher prevented us winning. We owe them one....

No idea what PB is actually referring to. But when you remember we started our preseason late after an extended Covid summer. I can tell you for a fact that one of our players said they were not impressed with the intensity or levels early doors.

Similar accusations were made about Bond 12 months earlier.

Obviously what MM and his team were telling the players wasnt working and confusing the players! the saying is "if it's not broke dont fix it!! But it is most definitely been broken by mm and needs fixing by brown!! God knows what mm and them clowns have been telling and teaching our players!! Browns old school style is required to win at any cost!!

Is it fair to have found Brown's comments interesting and insightful...

...but also completely lacking in humility and CLASS?

You do it your way Phil and - honestly - welcome back! But there's simply no need to put the boot in. Good to remember that this club also sacked YOU for non-performance previously and I don't recall your replacement pulling apart your shortcomings - even if Ron and many of us recognise that, even now, some of the decisions you took last time have played a part in leading us to where we are today. Stones and glass houses.

The thing with PB is he won’t win many popularity contests. He used to do this kind of stuff often. I’m not having a dig at him by the way, just saying that it’s not really a surprise.

Whether the training were good or bad the ego of "if i don't understand no one else will" shows the type of person Phil is. If you can stop us being relegated great but remember his reign was the reason we are in this mess

Firstly I respect your opinion as a fellow Southend supporter, of course. ?

But the ‘Phil Brown is responsible for all the worlds woes’ rhetoric is utter rubbish as far as I’m concerned.

The way people go on about him he’ll no doubt be in the queue for Hell only behind the likes of Hitler, Stalin, Fred West & Jedward.

PB made some questionable signings during his 5 years but which manager hasn’t done the same, plus who gave him the green light to sign them in the first place in pursuit of Championship football?

So it’s down to Ron Martin? However if the guy hadn’t put his money where his mighty mouth is 23 years ago we probably wouldn’t have a club right now. Or do we say it’s Vic Jobson & Barry Frys fault, etc etc. So where does it stop with the blame culture?

The finger can be pointed wherever people wish, but the fact is we are staring non league in the face due to a combination of bad decisions by a combination of people, including owner, several managers & many players over the past few seasons, only one of which is Phil Brown.

Without wishing to blow smoke up his behind, he got us promoted on one of our best days as a supporter & missed out on the L1 playoffs by a single point.

Let’s at least give the door a chance to hit his backside on the way in before we say “don’t let it hit you in the arse on the way out”.

We have 5 games to save ourselves, let’s give him & the players our full support- for the next few weeks at least & pray for a miracle from the leathery skinned legend that is Phil Brown.

Come On You Blues!

Last edited:
Back