• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Interesting Point Made Post match by PB

Would definitely agree for Tilson, although 5 signings that he did make in Eastwood, Gray, Prior, Bentley and Barrett were key for his first promotion season. We wouldn't have gone up that season without those signings, and he got a tune out of Wignall's signings that Wignall clearly couldn't.

I think Brown deserves a lot of credit for the promotion team that he built. He had signed White, Coker, Bolger, Thompson, Deegan, Atkinson, Weston, Worrall, McLaughlin and Pigott who all had important roles to play in that promotion season.

I think that's absolutely fair, and it wasn't my intention to demean the achievements of either manager. Brown does deserve credit for the signings he made to get us out of League Two (as Tilson does for those he brought in around the key personnel already at the club). The key for both was to use the foundation that had been laid by their predecessors (possibly easier in terms of league position for Brown than Tilson) and augment that with their own philosophy to build a squad capable of promotion.

The key for Brown on this occasion, or for whoever succeeds him in the summer, will be successfully identifying who can play a key role in our future plans, and trying to keep hold of them in some cases.

Would definitely agree for Tilson, although 5 signings that he did make in Eastwood, Gray, Prior, Bentley and Barrett were key for his first promotion season. We wouldn't have gone up that season without those signings, and he got a tune out of Wignall's signings that Wignall clearly couldn't.

I think Brown deserves a lot of credit for the promotion team that he built. He had signed White, Coker, Bolger, Thompson, Deegan, Atkinson, Weston, Worrall, McLaughlin and Pigott who all had important roles to play in that promotion season.

Plus AB :Whistling:

Property is booming house prices never been so high. The chairman will make a fortune if he hurrys up

Back