• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Interesting times - changes ?

Rayleigh boy

Director⭐
Tilson is trying put together a scratch team to save SUFC from the drop and
its all a bit of a mess .... but at least he now has a few options -

For me both Scannell and MacCormack have to be dropped -

Scannel cos apart from when hes got the ball at his feet is a complete passenger - unable to contribute to midfield play, unable to defend and unable to get in any useful positions -

Macca - hes not fit enough and has started standing around shooting his mouth off -

If we have to carry one wide player with little or no defensive ability it can be Laurent cos he can really hurt the oppo -

And Moussa can start and bring a touch of class to midfield - and hes totally committed to the club and team -

Up front Vernons a journeyman but we have to keep trying Spencer/Paterson and using Freedman more -

Having watched the MK Dons game it is indeed getting frightening - the instability brought about by Rons financial "management" has left Tilson in a hell of a hole but ........ we can get out of it -

Scannel cos apart from when hes got the ball at his feet is a complete passenger - unable to contribute to midfield play, unable to defend and unable to get in any useful positions

Did you watch the Colchester game a few Mondays ago?

i agree on the drop macca, but i disagree with dropping scannel. scannel brings a threat to the other teams defence

I'd like to see us go a goal up and shut shop away from home.
Baldwin gets done in the air too much for me and his awareness ain't that great, despite all the "organising" he does.
Barrett back in the middle with Mvoto, Herd at left-back, as for Francis...well we have no choice really we just hope he has a good game.
Then stick with that back four 'till the end of the season 'cos right now every single point whether we get one with a goalless draw, will be so important. We must get points on the board and that means shoring up the defence.

Tilson is trying put together a scratch team to save SUFC from the drop and
its all a bit of a mess .... but at least he now has a few options -

For me both Scannell and MacCormack have to be dropped -

Scannel cos apart from when hes got the ball at his feet is a complete passenger - unable to contribute to midfield play, unable to defend and unable to get in any useful positions -

Macca - hes not fit enough and has started standing around shooting his mouth off -

If we have to carry one wide player with little or no defensive ability it can be Laurent cos he can really hurt the oppo -

And Moussa can start and bring a touch of class to midfield - and hes totally committed to the club and team -

Up front Vernons a journeyman but we have to keep trying Spencer/Paterson and using Freedman more -

Having watched the MK Dons game it is indeed getting frightening - the instability brought about by Rons financial "management" has left Tilson in a hell of a hole but ........ we can get out of it -
You see the games i dont, but i was under the impresion that Scannell was playing well, no.

I personally think we have a handfull of players who are up to this level. The rest are not. We're trying to survive in L1 with a L2/Conference team bar a few

For me our main problem is simple. Our top goalscorer currently at the club has 3 goals this season and that is nowhere near good enough. Add that to the fact that we don't have an in-form Macca or Judas Bailey chipping in with 10 or so goals from the midfield and we are truly ****ed.

Yes, our defence has lacked consistency this season and we are still shipping more goals at the back than we should but to a large extent you defend from the front. I haven't been to that many games this season as I'm studying in France this year but if, as Tilly keeps saying in his post-match interviews, we are having chances in front of goal and not converting, that says something about our current predicament. I think I'd give both Paterson and Spencer a chance, with possibly Freedman coming on from the bench if he is showing any inclination towards playing at his best. The only problem is, are any of our strikers on his wavelength?

I'm extremely worried at the moment and can't see where we're going to get the goals from. Most of us have been saying all season that we were too over-reliant on one man anyway but getting rid of him at the time we did suggests cash flow may have been a massive factor behind the decision. Selling Barnard just before the business end of the season seems to be short-sighted at best from a footballing point of view. It may just prove to be the costliest mistake the club has made in the reign of Tilly, Brush and our L'Oreal-loving chairman, Paynter and Foran included.

You're advocating dropping the one player, bar Mildy, who is actually in form at the moment?

It's radical, I'll give you that.

For me our main problem is simple. Our top goalscorer currently at the club has 3 goals this season and that is nowhere near good enough. Add that to the fact that we don't have an in-form Macca or Judas Bailey chipping in with 10 or so goals from the midfield and we are truly ****ed.

Yes, our defence has lacked consistency this season and we are still shipping more goals at the back than we should but to a large extent you defend from the front. I haven't been to that many games this season as I'm studying in France this year but if, as Tilly keeps saying in his post-match interviews, we are having chances in front of goal and not converting, that says something about our current predicament. I think I'd give both Paterson and Spencer a chance, with possibly Freedman coming on from the bench if he is showing any inclination towards playing at his best. The only problem is, are any of our strikers on his wavelength?

I'm extremely worried at the moment and can't see where we're going to get the goals from. Most of us have been saying all season that we were too over-reliant on one man anyway but getting rid of him at the time we did suggests cash flow may have been a massive factor behind the decision. Selling Barnard just before the business end of the season seems to be short-sighted at best from a footballing point of view. It may just prove to be the costliest mistake the club has made in the reign of Tilly, Brush and our L'Oreal-loving chairman, Paynter and Foran included.

Barnard wanted to leave, it wasnt a decision we made.

Yes we could have kept him against his wishes, but what is the point of forcing him to stay here?

Daryl

Francis Prior Barret Cheese

JCR Bailey Maher Gower

Eastwood Barney

If only.

I've been saying for far too long now that we lack creativity. Now its coming home to roost.

We also concede too many goals, mainly because our defence keeps getting chopped and changed. There is no consistency.

We have too many holding central midfield types, Tilson needs to pick his two favoured ones and put attacking players on the wing. Aside to that, he needs to decide on who is best four defenders are, and keep them as a unit. Up front, its difficult becuase none of the new boys has really had a chance to show their metal.

My XI would be

Mildenhall
Francis Barrett Mvoto Herd
Laurent Grant McCormack Scannell
Vernon Spencer

Right, so I know thats Christophe and Moussa not in the starting XI. Christophe for me is inherently lazy. Watch him closely for five minutes, you'll see what I mean. Grant offers a bit more metal and seems more committed. Macca starting ahead of Moussa simply because he has a bit more drive in him. Moussa is better on the wing, but Scannell and Laurent both offer that spark of creativy we desperately lack.

Yes we could have kept him against his wishes, but what is the point of forcing him to stay here?

Maybe, and I suppose we are not privy to conversations that go on behind the scenes and while Barney may in public have put on a very cool and relaxed persona, privately discussions about his future may have had a different feel. The only thing is that we seem to have a habit of not "standing in the way" of those that want to leave us for other clubs. That's fine and at the end of the day, we have always been a selling club but our reliance on Barney this season has been so great that our next highest goalscorer is Laurent on 3 goals.

It's just frustrating that the team is woefully short of quality going forward and that we are going into a relegation fight relying on three new boys, none of whom can be regarded as prolific goalscorers and who need to start gelling immediately. That's without mentioning our defense that has been shipping goals for fun and has hardly been consistent either.

Overall, some of this lot need to be dropped, especially if there are signs that they are causing unrest in the camp. Unfortunately that is something that we cannot afford to do because of our squad size and so Tilly finds himself largely having to persevere with his existing team.

We are never going to know exactly what is happening behind closed doors ---- we can only hope it all works out in the club's favour.
Worrying times ahead.

Just what basis do you have for making such a statement? As I understand it, this was largely the problem for what happened at he end of the match on Saturday. Moussa pays scant regard to the fans at ANY time, that doesn't suggest someone with a great deal of commitment at all.

Just what basis do you have for making such a statement? As I understand it, this was largely the problem for what happened at he end of the match on Saturday. Moussa pays scant regard to the fans at ANY time, that doesn't suggest someone with a great deal of commitment at all.

What exactly did happen? Couldnt be there but heard on the radio that Moussa and mild mannered Macca had to be pulled apart at the end of the game, do you have the inside story?? If so please enlighten us.

Because his goals may just have kept us up.

What will the value of his transfer be if we are relegated ?

Back