• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

International 'Burn a Koran Day'

I'm taking part in international 'burn a kerrang' day.

Metal is gay

I misread the title and put a match to one of our temps. Fortunately Sung-Do Kim has a sense of humour (and the need for a passport).

Another day, another way the Yanks are ****ing someone off. They will probabyl all gather round the bonfire, high fiving each other before going to play soccer and watching the World Series (surely the 'WORLD' series should incoporate another part of the world?) but no of coruse - because I forgot the Yanks are the world. Most probably think that. I mean only roughly 30% have a passport so how much of the World have most of them scene? Most probably think we rock around in bowler hats all day saying tip-top and have a bonny day, while the Germans are still divided by a big wall, the Russians always walk around doign that 'silly dance' and the French stink (well guess they are close on that one) Most yanks are just part of a ignorant, arrogant and mindless society and the special friendship we have them? What the one where we bend over and they roger us from behind!! We are all powerful, we are all great. Well you know what - go be all powerful and great over there and let the rest of us carry on with our pityful and meaningless exsitence!!! :headbang:

Yeah, pigeonholing entire religions/countries based on the actions of a few idiots is bad isn't it?

Yeah, pigeonholing entire religions/countries based on the actions of a few idiots is bad isn't it?

Ok maybe I went OTT with the naming of the majority. Maybe a significent selection would of been more appropriate. I have been to America a few times and met a few more on my travels and while most are decent enough, others you just feel are a bit backwards in their thinking and the way the world operates. Maybe it is the reason Bush stayed in power for so long based on his motto of actions first, then ask questions later. It was a wild generalisation on my part.

Has no one read Fahrenheit 451 !!! It's a book ignore it . Ive never been hunted by a pack of books intent on some how forcing its content into by brain via weird pseudopod emerging from its spine !
Most methods are almost perfectly fine http://www.freethoughtpedia.com/wiki/A_Silence_That_Screams

Just appears to be the idiots who reinterpret for their own ends .(maybe theres cash or money or sex involved ha crazy)

Ok maybe I went OTT with the naming of the majority. Maybe a significent selection would of been more appropriate. I have been to America a few times and met a few more on my travels and while most are decent enough, others you just feel are a bit backwards in their thinking and the way the world operates. Maybe it is the reason Bush stayed in power for so long based on his motto of actions first, then ask questions later. It was a wild generalisation on my part.

I don't share all your views on the yanks, but definitely some of them. When I had money in the good old days, I took my wife to Sandals Bahamas for Two weeks (leeblue did our jabs. Just thought I'd share that with you) we found the yanks very entertaining. We was sunbathing, swimming, and drinking banana cocktails by the pool. One Blonde was sitting at the pool cocktail bar in the middle of the pool. Every time somebody swam up to get drinks. She shouted, ''HI, I'M FROM MISSISSIPPI''. She must have said this about 60 times in Two hours. So when we swam up she said ''HI, I'M FROM MISSISSIPPI''. I said ''You're joking, are you seriously from Mississippi''? She said excitingly, ''I am, I really am''. I said'' WOW, That's incredible, you've made my day''.

Not just Blonde yanks tho, this time a brunette was in the beautiful crystal clear turquoise sea, only up to her knees, when she starts screaming 'HELP,HELP,SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME''. As me and a few other guys rush to her aid, as we reach the water, someone shouts what is it, she shouts back ''I THINK IT'S PIRANHAS''. She is shaking violently and tears are streaming down her face' SAVE ME, PLEASE SOMEBODY SAVE ME''. Now as I knew we wasn't quite in fresh water or the Amazon, I knew we were safe. When we got there, she had Two tiny fish kissing her legs, harmless little things that were there every day. I think they look for dead skin on your feet and legs. My wife used to love swimming with them, and would take them tiny bits of bread, (Don't know if this was good for them).

Another one shot out of the sea and mistook a Flatfish for a Hammerhead shark.

They are so insular as most of their news programmes only cover America, so they can be a bit clueless about the rest of the World. When I told an American older woman that I lived not too far from London, she asked very sincerely ''Do you know the Queen personally''?

Last edited:
Pubey, I repped you but I gotta say that is superb sir :clap:

Anyway, on topic the whole situation is ****ED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's all I have to say on the matter.

I burnt some Quorn sausages I was cooking for vegetarian guests at a recent BBQ and I'm hoping it won't make the Guardian.

I could do without the grief of a fatwa at the moment.

Last edited:
They are so insular as most of their news programmes only cover America, so they can be a bit clueless about the rest of the World. When I told an American older woman that I lived not too far from London, she asked very sincerely ''Do you know the Queen personally''?

Yes, that's quite a cliche, in that it seems to happen quite a lot. I've had a similar (but more startling) conversation with an American in San Francisco. TBF she was only about 18 or 19, but she still asked (I can't remember in what context), "Do you have cars in England?". She then went on to say, "Does the Queen have absolute power in England?". Of course I replied, "Well, no, she has virtually none at all, otherwise it wouldn't be a democracy, would it?". She replied, "Oh, you have democracy in England, do you?".

It was rather difficult to know how to respond. I just started to imagine present day, yet Victorian England (well, London - London/England - same thing) where we go round in horse and carriage amongst the swirling fog etc etc.

Bewildering really.

Can you let me know when they start burning flags? I have two, one Scottish-based with a load of signatures and one I stole from an iPhone wielding chav, that need disposing of.

Yes, that's quite a cliche, in that it seems to happen quite a lot. I've had a similar (but more startling) conversation with an American in San Francisco. TBF she was only about 18 or 19, but she still asked (I can't remember in what context), "Do you have cars in England?". She then went on to say, "Does the Queen have absolute power in England?". Of course I replied, "Well, no, she has virtually none at all, otherwise it wouldn't be a democracy, would it?". She replied, "Oh, you have democracy in England, do you?".

It was rather difficult to know how to respond. I just started to imagine present day, yet Victorian England (well, London - London/England - same thing) where we go round in horse and carriage amongst the swirling fog etc etc.

Bewildering really.

When you departed from this colonial lass. Did you doff your cap , click your heels in a jaunty manner and proceed to perform the lambeth walk while seeking other members of the chimney sweep fraternity ?

Agreed 100%

IMO religions are fine, if that's how you choose to live your life and it's not affecting anybody else then what's it got to do with me? It's when people begin to enforce religion on others when problems arise...

When you see a nice shiny new car you just know that it had to be designed and then built...ie it did not just appear!

Surely the same must be said for the human body which is far, far more intricate and complex.

I really believe that it is easier to believe in a creator God than otherwise.

When you see a nice shiny new car you just know that it had to be designed and then built...ie it did not just appear!

Surely the same must be said for the human body which is far, far more intricate and complex.

I really believe that it is easier to believe in a creator God than otherwise.

Agreed .It has always fascinated me the intricacies of the human eye for example which still baffles humans....now how the hell did they scale that down to work for ants.

I don't think we should condemn religion per-se just the people that use it as an excuse to cause damage.

Can't we have burn a Catholic priest day instead..I'm up for that..;)

Back