• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Razam

Coach
Just read this article on the BBC http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37194671 which says Graeme Jones has joined Martinez as his assistant in the Belgium national team. It got me thinking, how many other ex players have gone on to manage/coach on the international scene? Could we even make a XI from them?

So far I can think of Graeme Jones & Peter Taylor. Was Neville Southall ever a GK coach for Wales?

Martyn Margetson is England's goalkeeper coach.

Just read this article on the BBC http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37194671 which says Graeme Jones has joined Martinez as his assistant in the Belgium national team. It got me thinking, how many other ex players have gone on to manage/coach on the international scene? Could we even make a XI from them?

So far I can think of Graeme Jones & Peter Taylor. Was Neville Southall ever a GK coach for Wales?

Yeah Big Nev coached the Wales under 19s.

Also: Chris Ramsey was head coach of England under 20s
Martyn Margetson is coach at England

Chris Ramsey and Dick Bate were both involved with England at one stage

Spencer Prior is the manager of the Thai Womens team

Peter Butler is in charge of the National Team in Botswana

Colin Murphy managed Vietnam (hence the war)
Kevin Fallon managed New Zealand
Bob Houghton who was assistant manager at one time managed both China and India

good call on Fallon. I avoided managers as he said players. :winking:

ps loads of former players have coached overseas clubs just not nations. for example Alan Dicks, Eddie May and Eddie Firmani

Back