• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

callan

Striker
After an absence of sometime….I have decided to resurrect ‘’interview with a zoner’’, for a one off Wembley special.
Previously I have delved deep into the psyche of other zoners and have interviewed people from diverse cultural backgrounds (London fatso), spiritualists (CS J), hardcore hooligans (Canvey shrimper – rip), and far right activists (mk shrimper) revealing the true people behind the keyboard.

In what is perhaps one of the most explosive and insightful interviews yet, I believe I have managed to capture the mind, mood and soul of one of the zones most misunderstood posters.

He’s an Economist, a political intellectual, Sports pundit, and a man in the know….fellow zoners, I give you….Barnablue.

Me: You often cross swords in the political forum over economics with Neil F, where does Neil go wrong?

Barna: Neil doesn’t know what he’s talking about, he didn’t even go to school…probably didn’t even go to nursery….ummm he’s a thickie and I’m clever….and he’s probably a girl….a big one that cries….would you like to see my c.s.e in needlework certificate?

Me: You famously denounced Barry Corr as being useless, do you regret that?

Barna:No…he can’t play football for toffee, and never scores a goal, we would do better with a blind man, who has only one leg and ummm can’t play football.

Me: Often , you are criticised for posting Guardian links, without any supporting opinion of your own…how do you react to that?

Barna: Well ummm….it’s whatever the Guardians is….ha…that’s why I post the link, silly….and those people that criticise me….ummm….well they all smell of poo and are ugly.

Me: you often grey rep people despite the fact that grey really doesn’t mean anything….can you comment?

Barna:Yes…I also write their names down in my meanies book…when I’m bigger their all going to get a bunch of fives…I’m dead handy mister.

Me: Your brother Rob runs a Radio station?, if you were to dedicate a record to your fellow Zoners…what would it be?

Barna: No I don’t want to…can I go now…I need a wee wee……can you take me to the toilet?

And on that note we ended the interview, with what I hope is a helpful insight into a poster often maligned by others but never dull (well almost never:winking: )

Last edited:
After an absence of sometime….I have decided to resurrect ‘’interview with a zoner’’, for a one off Wembley special.
Previously I have delved deep into the psyche of other zoners and have interviewed people from diverse cultural backgrounds (London fatso), spiritualists (CS J), hardcore hooligans (Canvey shrimper – rip), and far right activists (mk shrimper) revealing the true people behind the keyboard.

In what is perhaps one of the most explosive and insightful interviews yet, I believe I have managed to capture the mind, mood and soul of one of the zones most misunderstood posters.

He’s an Economist, a political intellectual, Sports pundit, and a man in the know….fellow zoners, I give you….Barnablue.
I love the use of the word 'misunderstood' here. In fact, it reminds me of a song > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F4IZA2xss4

Me: You often cross swords in the political forum over economics with Neil F, where does Neil go wrong?

Barna: Neil doesn’t know what he’s talking about, he didn’t even go to school…probably didn’t even go to nursery….ummm he’s a thickie and I’m clever….and he’s probably a girl….a big one that cries….would you like to see my c.s.e in needlework certificate?

Barna:No…he can’t play football for toffee, and never scores a goal, we would do better with a blind man, who has only leg and ummm can’t play football.

Me: Often , you are criticised for posting Guardian links, without any supporting opinion of your own…how do you react to that?

Barna: Well ummm….it’s whatever the Guardians is….ha…that’s why I post the link, silly….and those people that criticise me….ummm….well they all smell of poo and are ugly.

Me: you often grey rep people despite the fact that grey really doesn’t mean anything….can you comment?

Barna:Yes…I also write their names down in my meanies book…when I’m bigger their all going to get a bunch of fives…I’m dead handy mister.

Me: Your brother Rob runs a Radio station?, if you were to dedicate a record to your fellow Zoners…what would it be?

Barna: No I don’t want to…can I go now…I need a wee wee……can you take me to the toilet?

And on that note we ended the interview, with what I hope is a helpful insight into a poster often maligned by others but never dull (well almost never:winking: )

very good interview, have some grey rep!:smile::smile:

Why not do this interview properly and allow Barna the chance to give his own answers?

Why not do this interview properly and allow Barna the chance to give his own answers?

Good idea.Here you go.

Interview with a zoner Wembley special

Barna:Thank you for your generous introduction,Callan.

While I fully respect Neil_F’s thorough grasp of mainstream, right-wing economics, he doesn’t give sufficient weight to widespread, left-wing Kenysian views,IMO.

Barna:No.But I’d have to say that he’s a better player than I initially gave him crédit for.

Barna: I have learned the error of my ways and now usually start threads with a more neutral link from the BBC.I’m not usually shy about living my opinions, either.Though,whenever I post a Guardian link these days, it’s to support something I’ve said or quoted from.

Barna: I’m no Christian and I haven’t got any time for Cyber-bullies either.

Barna: Actually,Rob’s just a DJ (though an excellent-albeit a Retro one-,IMO).

As for a record,how about, “Tangled up in Blue” by Bob Dylan?

And on that note we ended the interview, with what I hope is a helpful insight into a poster often maligned by others but never dull (well almost never :winking: )

Good idea.Here you go.

Barna: I have learned the error of my ways and now usually start threads with a more neutral link from the BBC.I’m not usually shy about living my opinions, either.Though,whenever I post a Guardian link these days, it’s to support something I’ve said or quoted from.

Absolute bollocks, which is why I had to delete your Guardian link from 1.46am this morning as it contained no opinion whatsoever.

I was pleased when you re-post without the usual boring propaganda and actually added an opinion, but let's cut out the ******** shall we?

Absolute bollocks, which is why I had to delete your Guardian link from 1.46am this morning as it contained no opinion whatsoever.

I was pleased when you re-post without the usual boring propaganda and actually added an opinion, but let's cut out the ******** shall we?

Actually there was an opinion in my original post.I said*

Incidentally,the BBC link which I found early this morning ,wasn't online late last night, which is why I posted a Guardian link and that I suspect, is what you really objected to.

*"FWIW,I agree with TS Elliot" (ie that April is indeed the cruellest month).

And more truthful by the sounds of it!

Truth, as I'm sure you're aware,is a relative, not to say a subjective concept.

As Nye Bevan used to say:"This is my truth.Now tell me yours."

Incidentally,where do you think I've been "economical with the truth?" :unsure:

Last edited:
Actually there was an opinion in my original post.I said*
*"FWIW,I agree with TS Elliot"

So, lo and behold, it WAS just a link with an 'I agree' attached to it, as always?

Incidentally,the BBC link which I found early this morning ,wasn't online late last night, which is why I posted a Guardian link and that I suspect, is what you really objected to.

In which case you'd be absolutely wrong, and not for the first time. No Guarna Barna, it's not about the Guardian, it's about your continual spamming of the site with links to one-sided perspectives that are just relentlessly committed to pushing your political agenda. It's dull, it's boring and it's not what ShrimperZone is about. For the last time, ShrimperZone is about discussing our posters' views and opinions, not following links away from the site for individual agendas. If you want to contribute to the site, contribute with your own opinions and be welcomed with open arms. I have no problem whatsoever with your political views, however, if you remain committed to bombarding the board with external links whose sole purpose is to promote them, you'll be put on moderated posting. We want YOUR opinions, not those of the Guardian (or whatever other source you'll be using). It's really not a difficult distinction and everyone else on the board seems to understand the balance.

Back