• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

sufcintheprem

This is a modified caption
Had an interview in the smoke today and just as it was ending the bloke tells me he's from Col******r and proceeds to mention how well they've been doing lately.

Presumably they'll call me not the other way round then....

glare.gif

Then again, I can't imagine an unintentional blurting out of 'scum' as he said which team he follows will have boosted my cause either even if he did have a sheepish grin as I said it.

biggrin.gif

Where's that foot in mouth smiley....

I think he will like you as you have a bit of charecter.

Personally I think once you get talking fooball in an interview you are basically home and dry.

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Sep. 18 2006,17:07)]I think he will like you as you have a bit of charecter.

Personally I think once you get talking fooball in an interview you are basically home and dry.

laugh.gif
Actually, from experience you might be on to something. Still, messed up two pretty large questions in the interview and reckon even football chat might not even have done the job.

Best get applying...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pickledseal @ Sep. 18 2006,17:59)]i think talking about southend united helped me not fail my driving test....
See mine was the opposite, the examiner got me so engrossed in talking about it that when he sprung a manouver on me I wasn't prepared and ended up getting it wrong!

On the job front though, as soon as the interviewer feels  they like you enough to talk about football, you're in!

Most of the interviews I have had over the years do seem to degenerate into talking about football - maybe putting on the CV that I am a season ticket holder kinda prompts it though...
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Sep. 18 2006,17:03)]Had an interview in the smoke today and just as it was ending the bloke tells me he's from Col******r and proceeds to mention how well they've been doing lately.

glare.gif

Then again, I can't imagine an unintentional blurting out of 'scum' as he said which team he follows will have boosted my cause either  even if he did have a sheepish grin as I said it.

biggrin.gif

if referring to col ewe, then surely you meant foot AND mouth smiley..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Sep. 19 2006,14:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Sep. 18 2006,17:03)]Had an interview in the smoke today and just as it was ending the bloke tells me he's from Col******r and proceeds to mention how well they've been doing lately.

glare.gif

Then again, I can't imagine an unintentional blurting out of 'scum' as he said which team he follows will have boosted my cause either even if he did have a sheepish grin as I said it.

biggrin.gif

if referring to col ewe, then surely you meant foot AND mouth smiley..
biggrin.gif

This is, incidentally a perfect example of the other thread about political corectness of jokes. I find it funny cos it's witty. I imagine a lot of farmers would get offended because it's their livelihood.

Wow, what a dull remark. Sorry.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Sep. 18 2006,17:07)]Personally I think once you get talking fooball in an interview you are basically home and dry.
Or better still learn the masonic handshake.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Sep. 20 2006,16:42)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Sep. 18 2006,17:07)]Personally I think once you get talking fooball in an interview you are basically home and dry.
Or better still learn the masonic handshake.
No masonic handshake necessary though. The adage of "once you get talking fooball in an interview you are basically home and dry" is partly proved right as I've got the last bit of the interview stage to be booked in at some point.

From what I've been told the last part was mainly through HR whereas the next bit is making sure you can fit in with the team so I'm hopeful if not quite confident yet.

Back