• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Inverness Shrimper

Leigh Meddle

Don't know why I haven't joined this sooner :omg:

My name is Leigh, 21, from Dingwall, just outside Inverness, and me and my family is avid shrimper fans and try to get to as many games as possible, home and away. Next game I will be going to is WEMBLEY !!! and then probably away to York on April 20th!

COME ON YOU SHRIMPERS !!!

Hi, LM, and welcome to the board.

You aren't the only one with West Highland links, I live in Aultbea and Thorpe Groyney has Dingwall links. In fact he is a Staggie, as is my friend Ron who was born and raised in Aultbea but now lives in Leigh.

I have a couple of mates from Inverness , right in the city, who now follow the Shrimpers.

When I go up there I always make sure I get to watch the mighty Clach , I tried to convert ACU to the Lilywhites a few years back .....

I have a couple of mates from Inverness , right in the city, who now follow the Shrimpers.

When I go up there I always make sure I get to watch the mighty Clach , I tried to convert ACU to the Lilywhites a few years back .....

You succeeded to the extent that I would always go to watch them rather than Caley if given the choice. Unfortunately I find it too difficult to arrange the time to go to any football matches at the moment - even, it would appear, Wembley.

Most of my mates are staggies and fair play to them, Ross County have achieved a lot in the last few years. As for clach though, i'm not sure about that haha

Don't know why I haven't joined this sooner :omg:

My name is Leigh, 21, from Dingwall, just outside Inverness, and me and my family is avid shrimper fans and try to get to as many games as possible, home and away. Next game I will be going to is WEMBLEY !!! and then probably away to York on April 20th!

COME ON YOU SHRIMPERS !!!

If you don't mind me asking LM,how did you and your family end up Shrimpers?

My whole family are from Southend and the Meddle family used to own a cockle business in southend, but my mum and dad moved to Scotland just before I was born. And ironically, I am named after Leigh-on-Sea

My whole family are from Southend the Meddle family used to own a cockle business in southend, but my mum and dad moved to Scotland just before I was born. And ironically, I am named after Leigh-on-Sea

Likewise mine did.

The Emery's Tone, My grandfather was Walter Emery ( sounds posh that ) he had 3 brothers all in Leigh and the family went back eons in the cockle industry.I think they were the first to cook some sort on thing on the boats before landing ( I will try to find that)..The last time I was down old Leigh there was still a cockle shed called Emery,but it may have gone now.

My whole family are from Southend and the Meddle family used to own a cockle business in southend, but my mum and dad moved to Scotland just before I was born. And ironically, I am named after Leigh-on-Sea

Good on ya LM,see you at Wembley,come on you mighty Shrimpers.

My ancestors on my mums side were the Osbornes and owned boats/cockle sheds in old leigh, the place you get cockles and jellied eels opposite the billet is called osbornes right? Think she said they owned the billet too? Not sure though. She told me quite a bit and showed me a book, pretty interesting.

My ancestors on my mums side were the Osbornes and owned boats/cockle sheds in old leigh, the place you get cockles and jellied eels opposite the billet is called osbornes right? Think she said they owned the billet too? Not sure though. She told me quite a bit and showed me a book, pretty interesting.

Iirc there are two sheds one Osbornes and the other is Osbournes, one is the one that the Peter Boat owns and is trying to close down and is not run by the old Leigh family but uses a similar name

Back