• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Investing into sufc

Hi all,
I'd love your thoughts on a few quesrions.

1) If you were able to buy a "share" of a player to help Southend united improve would you be willing to do so? The amount needed to invest could be anywhere from nominal to more significant amounts and the return being a portion of the future performance of the club

2) same as above but the return would be a portion of the players income

3) would you invest in a "share " of a younger player to help them as they improve over time and the return for a portion of their future income? For example if you helped a young stan collymore financially and you were able to access a % of their future income.

Would love the armchair views !

2) and 3) are certainly prohibited by the FIFA and I think to an even greater extent by the FA, 1) might be a bit of a greyer area.

Third-party ownership of players leads to all sorts of unsavoury characters getting involved and is well out of the game.

2) and 3) are certainly prohibited by the FIFA and I think to an even greater extent by the FA, 1) might be a bit of a greyer area.

Third-party ownership of players leads to all sorts of unsavoury characters getting involved and is well out of the game.

Good feedback on the legalities

Rather than ownership of a player call it more funding/lending to support their career. Would that be of interest ?

No as someone above said ,can lead to unsavoury characters getting involved, Even with supporting their career as you put it ,the day might come when the person supporting wants a favour etc , like that person playing a bad game enabling the person to bet on that game knowing the outcome .

No as someone above said ,can lead to unsavoury characters getting involved, Even with supporting their career as you put it ,the day might come when the person supporting wants a favour etc , like that person playing a bad game enabling the person to bet on that game knowing the outcome .

That is known as the 'Weinstein' effect

Good feedback on the legalities

Rather than ownership of a player call it more funding/lending to support their career. Would that be of interest ?
Might be wrong but I believe I saw Chelmsford City do this a few seasons ago. A fans fund to specifically add a few players that may normally be out of reach for a club like them.

Back