• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

iPhone 5

Kent Shrimper

Mike Reid
So the rumour is a 12th September release date due to invites being sent out to Journos.

What are you hoping for from the new phone?

Speed, battery and bigger screen are my wish which looking at some of the supposed leak pictures should come true for the screen at least

I'm also eager to see if the mini iPad materialises

Speed and battery are the main things for me. Not bothered about bigger or better screens really.

A longer ****ing charger cable would be nice. And yes, the battery life needs to be improved.

Bigger screen is the only thing that would interest me.

Still using iphone 3GS and screen far too small now.

Battery life is fine on it, wipes the floor with my Blackberry Bold.

Bigger screen is the only thing that would interest me.

Still using iphone 3GS and screen far too small now.

Battery life is fine on it, wipes the floor with my Blackberry Bold.

Or maybe your eye-sight has worsened!:smile:

From what I can gather from the technology sites, it looks like it will have a see through chassis which would be interesting....

A longer ****ing charger cable would be nice. And yes, the battery life needs to be improved.

You can buy longer ones on ebay for about a pound, lol

I have heard rumours that they are going to have a smaller port charging point, which is annoying in a way, as if you have any docking stations or the like, they obviously wont connect!

I like the idea of the new connectless charging on the Nokia Lumia, and hope they would adopt that, as i certainly wouldn't touch Nokia with a barge poll these days, but the idea itself is a good concept!

smaller docking point also means more stress on the connector (IMO), especially for people who use it for sat-navs and stuff. However the headphone port will move to the bottom which IMO makes sense.

Don't have any problems with speed or screen size with mine but the battery life is poor and needs to be much improved.

I don't over use my phone but I'm lucky if I make it home for 6pm with more than 20-25% left.

smaller docking point also means more stress on the connector (IMO), especially for people who use it for sat-navs and stuff. However the headphone port will move to the bottom which IMO makes sense.

Why ?

When you have your phone in your pocket and want to listen to music youd have to put it in upside down surely ?

But you pull it out upside down and it's in your hand the right way up

which makes more sense, as then the 'home' button would then be at the top of your pocket, making it more instantly controlable, rather than having to get it all the way out

£529 unlocked. Its longer and thinner, bigger screen faster processor. Iphone 4 is now only 319 which makes the second hand value around 160.
Not sure i'll bother, cant see that many benefits.
Oh and it uses a different connector and smaller sim.

Screen still too small for me to want to get rid of my iphone 3gs which is on its last legs.

Ill probably look at the Samsung if I ever get around to replacing it.

Back