• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

iPhone Price War

EastStandBlue

Life President
Noticed on the news yesterday that Orange are the first network to negotiate a contract with Apple to launch the iPhone on their network in the Uk from November onwards, and it'll lead to other networks being able to do the same.

I'm on Orange, and was perilously close to terminating my contract early and defecting to o2, but now I'll seriously reconsider it as not only are Orange now supplying the iPhone, but will more than likely supply it cheaper than o2 now that their monopoly is broken. I've had to declare my interest to Orange, but I have heard that the minimum contract to get the iPhone for free will certainly be cheaper than the current o2 Contract.

How do current o2 customers feel about this? I know I'd feel aggrieved at this and expect to be able to reduce my contract...

Don't really care at the moment. Ofcourse that may change when they publish their prices.

But my tarriff on the iphone is the same price as my sisters one on T-mobile for her g1.

Time will tell I guess.

I think this is unfair on the people that spent hundreds of pounds on an iPhone and are now seeing their piece of bling lose its cachet.

Also Vodafone have been given the go ahead to start selling the Jesus phone in early 2010, so I am sure tariffs may become more competitive, but the cost of the phone will hardly change as Apple are dictating exactly what price they can sell the Jesus Phone for.

I am glad I decided to wait on upgrading to the Jesus phone, as I may now get a decent tariff from a company with better coverage where I live.

Last edited:
Registered my interest with both Vodafone (my current network) & Orange.
Vodafone are supposedly going to use it as their carrot to keep existing customers.

O2 seemingly don't care as they are getting exclusivity on some new amazing handset from Palm.

Don't like the Palm Pre whatsoever... Looks like a Knock-Off Blackberry with it's design, the screen is tiny and the buttons designed for ants.

Back