• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Iportal

Hi clever techno kids,we (my wife) uses a iportal at 5 euros a month to watch stuff on iplayer and the like but does anybody know if it will allow her to download with out being caught as loosing the tinternet is not an option,many thanks.

with stuff like that, there's always a risk, but a very small one at that i presume! I highly doubt that the BBC put much research into trying to find people watching iPlayer when they're not supposed to :P as i said, there's always a risk with that kind of thing, but you've got to be very unlucky to get caught out!

Cheers Sam,not worried about the BBC because the iportal scrambles your ip address hence the reason you can watch it abroad,it was the downloading of films i was wondering about.

When you say d/l of films are talking legit d/l's or something else?

And are you worried that IPortal will see these d/l's & cut your service?

Sorry ive no ideal what d/i is,im meaning ilegal down loads and she is more worried about Hadopi and just wondered if iportal would hide her downloading.

My personal experience is that no one seems to give a toss about illegal downloading but as soon as you have something that changes your ip then they start to moan...

But that might be just here in sweden

Sorry ive no ideal what d/i is,im meaning ilegal down loads and she is more worried about Hadopi and just wondered if iportal would hide her downloading.

A shorter way of writing downloading.

Anyhoo if I've got this right Iportal allows you to watch iPlayer but your concerned about falling foul of French copyright infringement laws using your normal IP? If this is the case then running this >>> Click Me <<<, ensuring all lists are used & updated daily, will keep you as safe as you can possibly expect.

These law's have become quite commonplace all over the world in recent years due to pressure being brought to bear by media industries, but in my experience they are rarely used, well in the UK that seem's to be the case.

Back