• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Ipswich Tickets

Hawkwell Blue

Manager
Not sure if this has been covered elsewhere but I rang the club a couple of weeks ago about a refund of the Ipswich tickets I bought and was told a decision has yet to be made. I cannot get an answer now and wonder if anyone knows. I am only claiming it as I've paid Ipswich and they can afford a few £27s.

It took me what seemed like a lifetime (2.5 months) to get a refund for the Fleetwood Town game - from Fleetwood, I was going in the home seating for a better view. If the club don't 'play ball' you can enter into a dispute with them (if you bought by credit card) through the card issuer and they will get you a refund. Reason being that you purchased an event for an event that was cancelled. Sharp practice holding on to your money.

Not sure if this has been covered elsewhere but I rang the club a couple of weeks ago about a refund of the Ipswich tickets I bought and was told a decision has yet to be made. I cannot get an answer now and wonder if anyone knows. I am only claiming it as I've paid Ipswich and they can afford a few £27s.

Unless you purchased tickets in the home end I suspect you've actually paid Southend.

I think this question is one that's being put at next week's pre season liaison meeting. I hope so, as I purchased 3 for this one.

If you have paid Ipswich, as opposed to our ticket office, you can get a full refund from Ipswich. If you haven't but merely paid Southend, then Southend should pay you back. In the unlikely event that Southend have passed the money on, they need to get it back. If they've still got it, they should refund as a matter of course. There should be no decision to make.

Has anyone successfully managed to get any refunds for their Ipswich/Rotherham tickets yet.................?

Unfortunately, the club are going to give you in effect a credit note to use against future ticket purchases. Not much use to my brother whose last ticket purchase was for the Man U game.

This will bite the club in the arse and will put off floating punters.

If the club are not gonna give in on refunds and going down credit note route, How about a credit note to spend in club shop for those it not able to get a season ticket due to working shifts inc weekends

As i have said before, and i mean this, having been a season ticket holder for at least 30 years.
Not refunding Rotherham's ticket money, which is nothing to do with Southend.
Could well mean one less season ticket holder in 20/21. These are strong word's but it amounts to theft, when you steal either mine, Rotherham or Ipswich money. IT IS NOT SOUTHEND'S.
I have no problem with credit's on this season ticket's from last season's non played games.
That was Southend United's Money. The other is not.
Yes i know i would lose all the other money if i don't renew, but this is a matter of principal and really Southend United stealing money.

Unfortunately, the club are going to give you in effect a credit note to use against future ticket purchases. Not much use to my brother whose last ticket purchase was for the Man U game.

This will bite the club in the arse and will put off floating punters.

Maybe it'll encourage him to come to a game this season instead of 2034?

As i have said before, and i mean this, having been a season ticket holder for at least 30 years.
Not refunding Rotherham's ticket money, which is nothing to do with Southend.
Could well mean one less season ticket holder in 20/21. These are strong word's but it amounts to theft, when you steal either mine, Rotherham or Ipswich money. IT IS NOT SOUTHEND'S.
I have no problem with credit's on this season ticket's from last season's non played games.
That was Southend United's Money. The other is not.
Yes i know i would lose all the other money if i don't renew, but this is a matter of principal and really Southend United stealing money.

That is absolutely correct Steve. Season tickets are one thing and the terms and conditions put the ball in the club's court in respect of how they treat refunds or credits. It is unfortunate that the club appear to have chosen an option which is less fan-friendly than any other club I am aware of.

Away tickets purchased through the club are a very different kettle of fish and the money paid for them was due to go to the respective clubs, less maybe a handling commission. It is not the club's money to decide what to do with and should be repaid in full to anyone who wishes a refund. It should not be necessary to invoke a chargeback, which in any case is discretionary and not a right, nor, if over £100 and a credit card purchase, a Section 75 claim, which is a right. Sharp and unethical practice by the club here, I'm afraid.

Back