• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ipswich Town

Barry.C

Manager⭐⭐
It will be interesting to see how nearish neighbours Ipswich go and whether their financial position imperils or helps them.

Apparently owner Marcus Evans puts in an average of £6m each season , although the club is around £95m in debt ( owed to him). They will miss the bigger income from the Championship too, the drop is reckoned to cost them up to £9m , £6m in sky tv money alone.

The articles I read suggest they will only get £1.5m in dropping to league one, in sky money and a solidarity payment, plus £30k for home televised games and £10k for the away team

I’m not sure the £1.5m is a correct figure. . If it is I had forgotten we receive this.

Some compensation is coming Ipswich way with potential sell on Clauses for Mings, Clarke and Webster possibly bringing in £3m.

Another big club Pompey have also been doing pretty well of late from sell on clauses.

As ever we are up against it when you see the kind of cash coming in
To the likes of Pompey and Ipswich

Back