• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ozzie

Manager
How was it for you!!!Another poor England game,even Roy looked gormless(again),after the game..I love England,but its getting harder,to get up to watch this rubbish..its what the Germans call "kötzen fussball",football to make you sick.
The bloke on the tv saw/said Ray Lewington,barking his orders,like a sergent major, ...well if Roy is the C.O and Lewington the RSM,i would not like to go to war in their regiment
Also why play Raheem Sterling??we dont need him for these 2 games,send him on a longer holiday,to get things sorted out.We need him next summer ,fit!!!But at least we will win next sunday!!!

Typical goalless draw and pointless friendly, boring game to watch:thumbdown:

i think of these games not pointless,they should not be boring either,but it seems to be the way we are going.We took 3000,with tickets,plus 2000 without...great fans...the rest is !!!!

Watched the first 20 then went out !

Not my cup of tea at all

How was it for you!!!Another poor England game,even Roy looked gormless(again),after the game..I love England,but its getting harder,to get up to watch this rubbish..its what the Germans call "kötzen fussball",football to make you sick.
The bloke on the tv saw/said Ray Lewington,barking his orders,like a sergent major, ...well if Roy is the C.O and Lewington the RSM,i would not like to go to war in their regiment
Also why play Raheem Sterling??we dont need him for these 2 games,send him on a longer holiday,to get things sorted out.We need him next summer ,fit!!!But at least we will win next sunday!!!

Crap game, and boring as hell. However, I seem to recall saying the same thing for pretty much every friendly that Roy has presided over. And lo and behold, the next (competitive) fixture we've played really well in and won.

Therefore I'll reserve judgement on the necessity/importance of this match for another week.

Awful, awful game of "football"...

We have been served up some real tripe in friendlies in the past, but this one was right up there with the worst of them. Ever.

Did people honestly expect anything different? The vast majority - if not all - of the squad had to jet back from their holidays to play in what was essentially a training game against poor opposition prior to Sunday's qualifier against slightly less worse opposition.

This season's fixture calendar is, for want of a more accurate expression, ****ed. The last league fixture was on 24th May, but because of UEFA's bat**** stipulation that the Champions League final has to be a) the final fixture of the year and b) played on a Saturday evening, it means the qualifiers were all pushed back to 12th-14th June. What do you expect footballers to do during those three weeks, especially considering the fact most of them will be back in training the first week of July.

Anybody who expected this game to be anything else than a complete and utter farce was having themselves on.

If you want to watch a decent game, England under 21s are on BT Sport and playing some very nice stuff.

yes,watched that,good stuff..now for the finals.
i might be "delusional",but sadly i did expect more from the game.same as,i think,most of the 3-5000 England fans who were in Dublin,or the commentators on tv.
Even Roy looked more downbeat than usual.Your points are valid,butstill i expected more
still think Sterling would have been better off on holiday(even if he scores on sunday),sorting his head out.We need him next season fit for the finals,also why play Hart the whole game,or even play him??We know what he can do
Now im off to Nürnberg,4 euros,the whole weekend.travel there & back to watch the u-14s.16 teams from Germany & europe..also will buy my season ticket for 215 euros,seat...come on England tomorrow...3-1 win

Back