• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
The club are and have been looking to average 8k at home next season.

Is this achievable. It's been probably 10 or so years since this happened.

We do have a good few clubs this season that will bring a decent away support.

Bradford
Charlton
Sheff Utd
Coventry
Millwall
Oxford
Brizzle rovers
Northampton
Posh
Swindon
Gillingham

Is it achievable with help on the pitch obviously.

It's only achievable with help on the pitch. If Southend get off to a good start and are in the top 7 all season then it's very likely. If down the bottom, obviously not.

The club are and have been looking to average 8k at home next season.

Is this achievable. It's been probably 10 or so years since this happened.We do have a good few clubs this season that will bring a decent away support.

Bradford
Charlton
Sheff Utd
Coventry
Millwall
Oxford
Brizzle rovers
Northampton
Posh
Swindon
Gillingham

Is it achievable with help on the pitch obviously.

2009/10 League 1 relegation season the average was just over 8,000.

As you say the only way it might be achievable is with success on the pitch or they other way is to give away 1,000+ tickets for every game like the end of last season!
The only thing I have heard the club were doing was delivering leaflets which would only have limited success, but it sounds like they have not even done that.

As you say the only way it might be achievable is with success on the pitch or they other way is to give away 1,000+ tickets for every game like the end of last season!
The only thing I have heard the club were doing was delivering leaflets which would only have limited success, but it sounds like they have not even done that.

If memory serves me right that season we had Southampton, Norwich, Leeds, Colchester, Charlton & Millwal amongst others.

No way, if we start well and stay in top five most of the season then we can do it but it's a massive ask against clubs in this league who have bigger budgets than ourselves:sad:

True.

I think we will end up selling close to 4k season cards. If we can average 1k away fans then it leaves a match day shortfall of around 3k, which is a big ask.

It's doable but the club don't help themselves.

The commercial team don't anywhere near enough locally to promote the club.

I also agree, I think it's achievable (a long shot.. but achievable). In all honesty, I believe it will definitely be an increase on our 7,001 we had last season. Perhaps about a 7,700 crowd is more realistic.

Not with the way that the clubs fails to actively advertise and get the clubs name out there. If they do that they might be able to get more people to go but at the moment they don't enough.

Not with the way that the clubs fails to actively advertise and get the clubs name out there. If they do that they might be able to get more people to go but at the moment they don't enough.
the ticket office is not up to handling that number!! We have all had issues in the past getting tickets with averages a lot less than that.. An average of 3k more the system will go into melt down....the staff do there best , the system is shocking...

If memory serves me right that season we had Southampton, Norwich, Leeds, Colchester, Charlton & Millwal amongst others.

Correct plus Brighton, Orient & Gillingham.
Mind you I think we had more season ticket holders than now, as the lowest crowd of the season was 6,384 v Carlisle, even a Tuesday night v Walsall pulled in 6,432.

Manor15, has a point.

I might be wrong, (forget Tuesday night games) but I do recall us all complaining (not unusual on the zone) that last season we had a large amount of Friday night games, verses a lot of the other teams in League One. Would that have affected our average season attendances? Do we generally pull in more on a Saturday than a Friday night?

We currently have zero Friday night fixtures (except for the Easter Friday which is obviously a bank holiday & a 3pm kick-off.. and everyone else currently has the same)

Manor15, has a point.

I might be wrong, (forget Tuesday night games) but I do recall us all complaining (not unusual on the zone) that last season we had a large amount of Friday night games, verses a lot of the other teams in League One. Would that have affected our average season attendances? Do we generally pull in more on a Saturday than a Friday night?

We currently have zero Friday night fixtures (except for the Easter Friday which is obviously a bank holiday & a 3pm kick-off.. and everyone else currently has the same)

No it was the large amount of evening away games that people complained about, I think it was 9 in the end.
We only had one Friday night game last season I think? and we didn't play a Tuesday night home League match until March.

I agree.

So are we all happy with the lack of Friday night fixture changes so far (and the lack of Sky TV money?)

I seem to remember it was a little bit split, between single lads & ladies & families that prefer a Friday night game, as appose to a Saturday afternoon fixture, that would disrupt their day out at the farm or having a BBQ with family etc.

Each to their own I guess.

I'm more keen on Friday night away games despite the distance. if it's in the first 2 months (August & September) and the last 2 months of the season (April & may). Bradford on a cold Tuesday in February is'nt making me buying a ticket.

I agree.

So are we all happy with the lack of Friday night fixture changes so far (and the lack of Sky TV money?)

I seem to remember it was a little bit split, between single lads & ladies & families that prefer a Friday night game, as appose to a Saturday afternoon fixture, that would disrupt their day out at the farm or having a BBQ with family etc.

Each to their own I guess.

I'm more keen on Friday night away games despite the distance. if it's in the first 2 months (August & September) and the last 2 months of the season (April & may). Bradford on a cold Tuesday in February is'nt making me buying a ticket.

What with Friday night Premier League & Championship matches now live on SKY TV, I cant see us having any Friday night home games for a while.

We did try to get a couple switched to Friday night but the opposition teams involved weren't interested in the switch. A shame, as I love RH under the floodlights on a Friday evening.

We did try to get a couple switched to Friday night but the opposition teams involved weren't interested in the switch. A shame, as I love RH under the floodlights on a Friday evening.

Me too but this one's been done to death before. More away fans turn up on a Saturday meaning more fans in the stadium. We need every penny going - end of.

Given the much lauded luring of Danny Macklin from Essex CCC, I've seen absolutely nothing in the ensuing months to suggest that the commercial department have got their house in order - even the Greater Anglia debacle was only responded to reactively (somehow the Club had been miraculously negotiating with GA before West Ham announced their deal in all of the local press to much fanfare).
Not impressed at all.

Back