• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is anybody glad?

Wembley would have been nice (obviously), but I'm quite relieved that the season is finished. Plus we don't have the bi-annual England heartbreak to contend with this summer so we've got a nice stress-free couple of months.

One more game would of been nice, but a break to re-charge the batteries is welcome..:)

It's weird, when we were stuck in midtable in League two year after year I'd hate the close-season, but as we're now constantly at either the top or the bottom of whatever division we're in I've found myself quite welcoming them the last few years. It's nice to not have the stress every saturday.

No doubt the fact that a new thread will be started on here every time any player is released by any club in the next month will have me praying for August to get here as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Never look forward to the end of the season, its just boring on a saturday afternoon now that there is no football. In a strange wat the nerves and stress of football is a plesure that none of us could live without.

On the coach home last night, all I kept thinking about was next season (and about how magnificent the fans were!!!), who we will sign and how we will do etc. Wallet will be a bit healthier over the next few weeks, especially helps with England not being in the Euro's.

It's been a long old season, and I welcome the break....

However, give me a month or so and I'll be itching for the new season to start!

No, no and thrice no!!

Not one single part of me is glad the season is over..... For 2 very good reasons...

1. It means we're not going to Wembley for the chance to get back where we rightfully belong, and

2. It's going to be 3 months until we pla our next match after losing 5-1!!... You can normally get that out of your system the following Saturday, but not now, for the next 3 months, the last game we played will always be a 5-1 hammering!

No, no and thrice no!!

Not one single part of me is glad the season is over..... For 2 very good reasons...

1. It means we're not going to Wembley for the chance to get back where we rightfully belong, and

2. It's going to be 3 months until we pla our next match after losing 5-1!!... You can normally get that out of your system the following Saturday, but not now, for the next 3 months, the last game we played will always be a 5-1 hammering!

I find it quite ironic, probably in my own sad little way, that your complaining about our last game being a 5-1 thunping and then in your signature you have our opening game of the season us thumping Orient 5-1.

lol... are we? Blimey, nothing like ambition at this club!

I don't know why we even bothered with the playoffs them, should have waved the white flag and saved ourselves a few quid!
Was I saying that? No. I would obviously love to see us at the highest level possible, however we are not a Championship size club simple as that. Therefore its not where we "rightfully belong".

heard that tickets for the final would have been 80 and 40 odd pounds for adults and children.. so slightly relieved to be real honest

Was I saying that? No. I would obviously love to see us at the highest level possible, however we are not a Championship size club simple as that. Therefore its not where we "rightfully belong".

Being a Championship club has nothing to do with 'size' and everything to with 'ability'.... wow, not the first time i've had to use that line!! :)

Too much is made of the size of the club in relation to the division it SHOULD be in. You SHOULD be in the division you're good enough to be in. When I said back in our rightful place, it was slightly tongue in cheek, but we should no less be a Championship club than Wigan a Premiership club.

heard that tickets for the final would have been 80 and 40 odd pounds for adults and children.. so slightly relieved to be real honest

No, the cheapest tickets for League 1 play off final are £30 Adults & £15 Kids (same price as we paid for the Man United match). Think the other prices were £40, £50, £60 with half price for kids & the Club Wembley seats are £84

Back