• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Saturday and still no news ..... but then would i expect anything else it's only 3 days until our first match of the season Don't worry luggy has it all under control , Really ?????? ......... Am i panicking for no reason am i being a dick and i don't realise that there is no panic and that it is all under control but what i want to know is , where the f*** is our goalie for the season , i personally find this position rather important , but what do i know ?????

SO LUGGY MY QUESTION TO YOU IS WHERE THE **** IS OUR GOALIE ??????????????

We really need to get out of this division , and bringing in a goalie now ,when you've had all summer is an absolute joke ............... unprepared , doesn't know the players etc .......... so basically we are going to get bottom of barrel as most decent keepers would've been signed by now

Personally i find this a joke and for what it's worth..................... In luggy i don't trust

I do think it's ridiculous, however my guess is we'll be bringing someone in before next weekend. If we don't then we're definitely under an embargo......

Not quite sure how to respond. I admit that not having a 1st choice goalie this close to the start of the season is not a good sign.

And the failure to sign another central midfielder points to a recurrance of further financial difficulties.

But we (S.U.F.C.) have been in a similar position (sadly) quite a few times in recent years .... and, perversely, if you needed someone in charge who could keep a stack of cards from collapsing then who better than Ron Martin?

Apathy is possibly one of the worst reactions but what are the words of the song? Que sera, sera.

Roll on Tuesday .............

it is all a bit of a shambles, but unfortunately that has been the case for a good few years now, however i do believe we are in a worse position than last year due to the keeper situation. i'm less worried about the midfield as im sure sturrock has probably told brogan and spicer he will give them contracts as soon as the finances are sorted

Slightly worried, but goalies are probably the easiest position on the pitch to replace as they dont need the same amount of time to bed in. There will be plenty of keepers waiting to see if they are going out on loan or bench warming for there premier / championship clubs.

What worries me more is that we havent got a clue wether we are embargoed or not or wether hall is staying or not or even if we have received a bid. Why we are not accepting bids on a player who will never play for us again and will not be able to put himself in the shop window.

I am more worried about finances on and off the pitch and also the fact the we havent even started or are close to starting the new stadium yet sainsbury's money has probably now been spent and we are more likely than ever to be unable to pay it back.

I am grateful though that we have a club to support and we do have great support. 6k average in league 2 is great at this level. We also have a very experience manager and a decent little unit of players with one or two game changers.

Still a bit dissapointed we didnt retain JPK from last season as i think we could have really done with him in the centre , but im sure when we have a keeper and a settled midfield that we will finally see out true colours.

All of that said i will be very worried if we start against accrington with bentley in goal and spicer and brogan not yet signed.

Our public enemy number one is very rarely seen these days so a Q and A or public address on the official website for the coming season and the future including stadium update would be refreshing to hear.

Worried on a few fronts.

Having made a few good signings then I felt we had a good chance of promotion. Now I am thinking we are ging to struggle if we just have Bentley. Sure Bentley will prove to be good in time but he is I am guessing not ready for first team football. There is a real danger with young keeprs that they get thrown in to early and it ruins there confidence.

I also feel we really need a central midfielder. Would really liked to have had these players by now and all this lack of sigings points to an embargo for my mind which has scupperd the plans.

Not too worried that we don't have keeper at this moment in time - that's very fixable. There's many around, and Sturrock will fix this by next Sat.
Always worried about finances - don't trust our chairman, and don't think the figures stack up - how did we afford last season, and how are we affording this one?
Equally worried about Sturrock seemingly moving from a formula that's served him well. At the start of last season, I thought we had a good squad and were a good bet for promotion even if we were going to win it 'ugly'. This season, I think the defence is fine, but the midfield may be a bit lightweight for league 2 and unless Eastwood really is the player of 5 years ago and Corr can stay fit, I'm not sure we've got enough up front to mount a serious challenge.

Saturday and still no news ..... but then would i expect anything else it's only 3 days until our first match of the season Don't worry luggy has it all under control , Really ?????? ......... Am i panicking for no reason am i being a dick and i don't realise that there is no panic and that it is all under control but what i want to know is , where the f*** is our goalie for the season , i personally find this position rather important , but what do i know ?????

We really need to get out of this division , and bringing in a goalie now ,when you've had all summer is an absolute joke ............... unprepared , doesn't know the players etc .......... so basically we are going to get bottom of barrel as most decent keepers would've been signed by now

Personally i find this a joke and for what it's worth..................... In luggy i don't trust
Perhaps you should be asking this question to the chairman/ceo/ board members etc? I believe they are responsible for finances/ embargos/budgets and wages paid or unpaid? Do you really think luggy wouldnt have signed a goalie/ players by now if he had the resources or backing to do so? I agree with your " its a joke" . Problem being Luggy doesnt have free reign to build the team, perhaps if he was given a budget and left to get on with the job he is paid to do ( if he has been paid) without RM AND GL trying to be wannabe football managers we would have a chance. Will be an interesting season, let the rollercoaster ride begin!!

Perhaps you should be asking this question to the chairman/ceo/ board members etc? I believe they are responsible for finances/ embargos/budgets and wages paid or unpaid? Do you really think luggy wouldnt have signed a goalie/ players by now if he had the resources or backing to do so? I agree with your " its a joke" . Problem being Luggy doesnt have free reign to build the team, perhaps if he was given a budget and left to get on with the job he is paid to do ( if he has been paid) without RM AND GL trying to be wannabe football managers we would have a chance. Will be an interesting season, let the rollercoaster ride begin!!
Agree with this completely. If I didn't know better I would almost think that the original post was written by an insider with a grievance.

Agree with this completely. If I didn't know better I would almost think that the original post was written by an insider with a grievance.
SufferedSince68 wrote:
“Flouncy's modship on the farm is in the bag,all that ******* up to nool and posturd must have proved the bey is solid aviva by now.”

Predictably, Cerbs will be welcomed back to the Farm. But only because of his fallout with certain characters/Mods/keyholders on ATD. He won't get anywhere near the Pasoti Modroom. He's too much of a loose cannon-hunky dory one minute, then flouncing to the (admittedly impressive) level of taking his ball right home and opening another site.

Once Cerbs courting of certain characters on here was ambushed, ironically, by Newell and Co, then his masterplan was pretty much dead in the water, and a Pasoti return, with tail firmly between the legs was always gonna be his only option.

And so it came to pass....

Anyone ?????

SufferedSince68 wrote:
“Flouncy's modship on the farm is in the bag,all that ******* up to nool and posturd must have proved the bey is solid aviva by now.”

Predictably, Cerbs will be welcomed back to the Farm. But only because of his fallout with certain characters/Mods/keyholders on ATD. He won't get anywhere near the Pasoti Modroom. He's too much of a loose cannon-hunky dory one minute, then flouncing to the (admittedly impressive) level of taking his ball right home and opening another site.

Once Cerbs courting of certain characters on here was ambushed, ironically, by Newell and Co, then his masterplan was pretty much dead in the water, and a Pasoti return, with tail firmly between the legs was always gonna be his only option.

And so it came to pass....
:hilarious:

Wondered when you'd resurface. Been waiting to ask you your opinion on Crewe now, since the last time you were on here you referred to them as a joke club who settled for League 2 football in order to make money from players and play attractive football. Subsequent events suggest otherwise old chum.

Wondered when you'd resurface. Been waiting to ask you your opinion on Crewe now, since the last time you were on here you referred to them as a joke club who settled for League 2 football in order to make money from players and play attractive football. Subsequent events suggest otherwise old chum.
Hands up i was totally wrong, iam human you know!! But lets be honest most of us posters on here are normally proved wrong old chap.:thumbsup: My apologies, for replying to the above post, misread and thought it was for me, old age taking over!!

Last edited:
Simple, they changed the manager. He introduced a more solid pairing at the back. And to be honest, I thought we should have beaten them at RH.

We really need to get out of this division , and bringing in a goalie now ,when you've had all summer is an absolute joke ............... unprepared , doesn't know the players etc ....
...... so basically we are going to get bottom of barrel as most decent keepers would've been signed by now

Our two best keepers last year were loanees who had no preparation.

How its Luggys fault we have cash flow problems and a transfer embargo Im not sure. Any stick to beat him with though eh.

Back