• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

* ORM *

Still Loves Emma Bunton. Roy McDonough is God!
Flying the flag for SUFC in Sai Kung, Hong Kong
Inland revenue still over our shoulders. Losing tens of thousands monthly.

Have we won the lottery?

If we don't get promotion are we in the doggie doodoos ?

Seems like a reckless gamble to me or should I just go with the flow ?

clunimore reading some topics surprises him.

a wee birdie told me the gaffer was surprised to hear that supporters would think that he and tara would put this club back in financial problems. Yes we are tottering at the cap limit and as has been the norm for many months were not as you would say financially secure like most clubs.this will not be helped by lack of home games in next two months but tara has kept this clubs head above water and the gaffer feels he should be congratulated on his running of a tight ship and he believes he will keep us going in right direction.the gaffer is also surprised how fans tag his style of play as hoofball rather than direct play using our strikers as playmakers. His job is to revamp southend united from top to bottom and promote the club and that his main aim is winning football games he was surprised fans would rather draw 3-3 than win 1-0 and that they have boyctted games in protest.a fan should support his team through thick and thin but if he cant hope he enjoyed shopping with the wife. Lets get behind your team and back the boys wether bad or good..​

ORM your a brave man to ask those sorts of questions, didn't you see the thread recently from whoever it is at the club that likes to start off a Wee Birdie told me. Basically you have to close your eyes and forget about the previous financial mismanagement because Tara is amazing or something like that.

On a serious note I was going to reply to that thread I mentioned but knew it would of been seen to be negative. I am still very concerned, not about PS or our league position which PS needs to be applauded for but your quite right the silence regarding our financial situation is deafening. A few months ago we had reached the wage cap, now we have signed 5 new players?!?!? We are losing 10s of thousands a month but somehow keeping the tax man happy?!?!? A game is called off with no refund, the club step in and give fans half there ticket money?!?!? I don't need to know the finer details but the money is coming from somewhere which is great but on the flip side, what is it ultimately costing us?

People should really learn to read before posting a new thread :hilarious:

Ah and if by magic the thread is quoted but it Doesn't actually tell us anything John other than "trust us", hmmm I would prefer to carry on asking pertinent questions after trusting RM

Well what did you expect - a break down of the clubs finances on a fans forum!!!

Even if they did come on here, or detailed it in the Echo, people would still question it anyway, so let's just worry about what is happening on the pitch for the time being. I'm sure people are only happy when they have something to moan and worry about and because the team is doing well, we have to find something else - JUST BE HAPPY PEOPLE, sorry rant over!!!

If you still have concerns, and this has been mentioned on a number of threads, raise it at the club meeting on 25th Jan.

Ah and if by magic the thread is quoted but it Doesn't actually tell us anything John other than "trust us", hmmm I would prefer to carry on asking pertinent questions after trusting RM

I agree Andy, but whatever you ask you will only get the answer they want to tell you, it will still be up to you to decide whether it is the truth or not.

Well what did you expect - a break down of the clubs finances on a fans forum!!!

Even if they did come on here, or detailed it in the Echo, people would still question it anyway, so let's just worry about what is happening on the pitch for the time being. I'm sure people are only happy when they have something to moan and worry about and because the team is doing well, we have to find something else - JUST BE HAPPY PEOPLE, sorry rant over!!!

If you still have concerns, and this has been mentioned on a number of threads, raise it at the club meeting on 25th Jan.

Jay this is where I disagree with you, you will notice I applauded PS and what's happening on the pitch, however if everyone takes your happy go lucky approach do we continue to br reckless with the cash? I'm not saying for one moment the club finances should transparent or that by raising awareness of our concerns will change anything. However in the same breath I don't need to wait to a certain time or date to continue to question the financial management of the club.

i just think its a case or promotion or big pile of 5h*t tbh, if we dont go up this year i think we would witness a mass clear out of players and a serious risk of doom both on and off the pitch

I agree Andy, but whatever you ask you will only get the answer they want to tell you, it will still be up to you to decide whether it is the truth or not.

Indeed mate and thus I'm afraid I will upset the "Jay_SUFC" of this world because it doesn't all sit well, not based on our current history. I would love to be there on the 25th but am at a Trade event in Coventry. I hope this time, tougher questions are put forward.

I too am a little concerned. - and TBH I"m surprised more people aren't questioning the situation. As nice as it is as a fan to see your club signing decent quality players I hope that it is being done because we can actually afford it and isn't a gamble based on getting out of this ****** league immediately. Maybe the 25 th will answer some of these questions!!!!

Indeed mate and thus I'm afraid I will upset the "Jay_SUFC" of this world because it doesn't all sit well, not based on our current history. I would love to be there on the 25th but am at a Trade event in Coventry. I hope this time, tougher questions are put forward.

I'm not upset with you, I think it's a fair question, but it's not going to be answered here, therefore 'in my opinion' it's wasted effort. If you have genuine concerns, and I understand that (though I assume we are paying our bills, otherwise we would have heard from the tax man by now) you need to ask them in the correct manner - write to the club.

When people come on here and go on about it, it seems to me they are just trying to find something to moan about and not let the 'me's' of this world enjoy the moment.

I'm so so sorry that I'm happy about our league position and the fact that we are trying to strengthen the squad and obviously this must upset you that there are people that feel this way, but at the end of the day I can't control the clubs finances as I don't have that power, therefore I'm not going to worry about it. There is enough for me to worry about outside of football thanks

Inland revenue still over our shoulders. Losing tens of thousands monthly.

Have we won the lottery?

If we don't get promotion are we in the doggie doodoos ?

Seems like a reckless gamble to me or should I just go with the flow ?

Go with the flow mate.

1. We don't have the right to know all the ins and outs as its none of our business
2. Even if we were told no-one would believe it anyway
3. Beyond that, none of us are in a position to do anything about it.

Just a thought though... Historically, in promotion seasons, crowds have picked up significantly from march onwards and if we are in the top 3 in April we will be pretty much selling out all home seats. With our away form being better than our home form, and with so many away games coming up, maybe the club are factoring in the extra revenue that we hope to be getting. I think this could make a difference to the wages/wage cap situation. Plus, we don't know how much JJ was on. He may have been on a fair whack which is maybe one reason why his contract was only a year? Finally, it wouldn't Surprise me if there wasn't a done deal in the background for one of our players... Ferdinand I think would probably get the most cash due to the fact he's an U19 international and also very young.

Anyway, I'll let others worry about stuff they can't influence and I'll just enjoy our position at the top and hopefully a win at Northampton today!

I applaud the signings. If the Sainsbury's thing doesn't happen, I think we're probably finished anyway (shoestring budget or not). So we may as well go down, fighting to go up (if that makes sense) and hope for the best.

Despite playing some pretty poor football and winning a few truly dreadful matches we find ourselves in a superb position and should make a real go of getting automatic promotion.

If it doesn't happen this year who knows how long we'd have to wait, new ground or not.

I have faith that the league cap prevents clubs spending more than they can afford.

We may be losing money each month, but we always have, as do most football clubs at this level.

We may have signed players but they arent on the 3k a week we were spending a few years ago, and most are on 18 month deals.

Im no more worried than I was, and to be honest with someone else running the club I take it as a positive that we are spending money again and able to refund tickets etc.

It is good to see the management are investing in the business, it is a huge risk but one that needs to be done. We have no real knowledge of the figures but the wage cap must help.

Go with the flow mate.

1. We don't have the right to know all the ins and outs as its none of our business
2. Even if we were told no-one would believe it anyway
3. Beyond that, none of us are in a position to do anything about it.

Just a thought though... Historically, in promotion seasons, crowds have picked up significantly from march onwards and if we are in the top 3 in April we will be pretty much selling out all home seats. With our away form being better than our home form, and with so many away games coming up, maybe the club are factoring in the extra revenue that we hope to be getting. I think this could make a difference to the wages/wage cap situation. Plus, we don't know how much JJ was on. He may have been on a fair whack which is maybe one reason why his contract was only a year? Finally, it wouldn't Surprise me if there wasn't a done deal in the background for one of our players... Ferdinand I think would probably get the most cash due to the fact he's an U19 international and also very young.

Anyway, I'll let others worry about stuff they can't influence and I'll just enjoy our position at the top and hopefully a win at Northampton today!

Well said - but you do know that you sound too happy, therefore I suggest you better find something to worry and moan about shortly before you're called names :smile:

I took most heart from the situation where Ron offered to pay back fans for the Aldershot debacle.

He had no obligation at all there to do such a gesture and I don't think anyone was expecting our club to have to do anything more than put a little pressure on Aldershot. Therefore I'm hoping we're a little further from the breadline than we were a few months back.

That said I do remember Cricko and Smiffy coming back from a meeting with Tara at the start of the season and basically saying it sounds like we're gambling on going up.

I am concerned but no more than I was at the start of the season when we signed JJ. The fans forum will hopefully shed some light on these matters and other than that we'll just have to see where we end up come May.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk

Some people need to just enjoy life. If you are always worrying and ****eing yourself all over the shop then how can you actually enjoy it? Worry is a healthy emotion, but let's enjoy these good times!

UP THE BLUES! Let's smash the cobblers.

Just go with it, ignorance is bliss. Last time we knew there were problems the fans didn't magically solve the problem. Just go with the flow and support the club, even if there are problems, telling people everything is ok will get more people coming to matches rather than if we said that the club is going under next month, at which point people for some reason start boycotting matches, which doesn't really help the situation. We're probably gambling on getting promotion but it's not my job to know the finances of the club

Back