• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is Big Sam In Big Trouble?

Why ?

The FA pay him £3,000,000 per year plus luxury travel and hotels.....anyone who cannot get by on 60 grand per week plus fringe benefits doesn't live in the real world,probably has other contracts too....yet he still wanted a shady meeting with a cool £400,000 deal on offer..

...which he then said he'd have to square off with the FA before accepting. If it was genuine, it got that far and the FA told him he couldn't do that, I highly doubt he'd have gone on and done it.

It's without question that Allardyce has been beyond thick. You'd have to be spectacularly dense to fall for a tabloid sting when you're in a position like the England manager these days. But what's he said that's actually that contentious? Strip out the Telegraph's framing, and Allardyce's answers just aren't that controversial.

...which he then said he'd have to square off with the FA before accepting. If it was genuine, it got that far and the FA told him he couldn't do that, I highly doubt he'd have gone on and done it.

It's without question that Allardyce has been beyond thick. You'd have to be spectacularly dense to fall for a tabloid sting when you're in a position like the England manager these days. But what's he said that's actually that contentious? Strip out the Telegraph's framing, and Allardyce's answers just aren't that controversial.

He has the so called top job(not IMO )and has to be whiter than white,it is what it is,truth is ESB he went looking for more money IMO and had his pants pulled down.When these guys contacted him they must have briefed him somewhat on why they needed his advice.

It looks like he's drinking a pint of wine, so I guess he's got his bills to pay, like we all have.

CtWqPLVW8AERtjs.jpg

He has the so called top job(not IMO )and has to be whiter than white,it is what it is,truth is ESB he went looking for more money IMO and had his pants pulled down.When these guys contacted him they must have briefed him somewhat on why they needed his advice.

If we're firing managers for being a bit greedy then our shortlist for Allardyce's replacement is going to be very ****ing short indeed.

How long does it take to sack someone?

Is a question I'd like to ask Ron Martin.

Need to arrange a 'sting' although we'd be lucky to get the Yellow Advertiser interested, let alone the Telegraph!

Maybe PB could be had up for posing as a Football Manager? IMPOSTOR !!

...and back on topic; Allardyce is a complete Muppet, why risk everything he had for an extra few quid on the side. He'll end up like on the leper list like old Ron Atkinson did after his Lazy N***** comments.

What has allardyce breached in his contract?

Probably the implied (or even express) terms of trust and confidence.

When you are a well remunerated, high profile senior employer of a regulator, particularly one that has been on an international moral crusade, it's a particularly bad look to be selling yourself to third parties to show them how to evade those regulations.

There's nothing particularly shocking in that. If I was the commissioning editor at the Torygraph and that's all a 10-month sting uncovered, I'd be reaching for the Ts & Cs.

Biggest thing here is just how spectacularly thick Allardyce has been to get embroiled in a sting three months into the job.

This. He's a ****ing idiot.

It's not even as if this should have caught him by surprise as Sven got done by a media sting; Venables was forced out over financial whisperings and 'Arry overlooked (although that could and should have been because he's a **** manager) because his dog's a money-launderer.

If nothing else his judgement is abysmal.

What we don't know yet is how much more is there to come. What has the Telegraph got that it hasn't yet published? How long can they keep this story rolling for?

My guess is that whilst this story was thin, they're spreading it out.

Suggestion seems to be there's more to come on Allardyce in particular, and Pearson's suspension at Derby is ominously timed.

the next manager must be English or what's the point?

international football is played (largely) by players from that country, the manager should be too

ESB...wrote Southgate does not want the job..sadly i think he will take it,i hope im wrong.
He took a very strong England squad to the last u-21s...i think we came BOTTOM of our group.
Its far too early for him,he is not ready....maybe in a few years,but we are going backwards really quick.
IMO,until we change the way English football is run, (the FA)we will keep having wrong people picking other wrong people.

ESB...wrote Southgate does not want the job..sadly i think he will take it,i hope im wrong.
He took a very strong England squad to the last u-21s...i think we came BOTTOM of our group.
Its far too early for him,he is not ready....maybe in a few years,but we are going backwards really quick.
IMO,until we change the way English football is run, (the FA)we will keep having wrong people picking other wrong people.

Southgate will be caretaker manager for 4 games,apparently.

That must open the door for Eddie Howe afterwards.Can't see Steve Bruce getting too many votes.

Big Sam, you are a total prat. A job you've always wanted just thrown away.

Back