• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is Big Sam In Big Trouble?

Hence my initial thread.

I always thought he would get the boot for this. Who only knows what the Telegraph will publish next? apparently, they have a whole weeks worth of "exclusives" left to write after their months worth of investigations...I would imagine a few more managers "leaving by mutual consent" by this time next week.

Personally, I thought Stuart Pearce, would have been the better candidate or perhaps even Phil Neville as an English manager (only on a temporary basis though).

Southgate will be caretaker manager for 4 games,apparently.

That must open the door for Eddie Howe afterwards.Can't see Steve Bruce getting too many votes.

Would not mind seeing E.Howe get the job ,part time,staying at Bournemouth&Boscombe(old school),with the help of Glenn Hoddle...but with Glenns past trouble with the FA(idiots)..cannot see that happening

Amazing scenes. **** off Big Sam.

Southgate for the season, Wenger in in the Summer, they may as well give us the trophy now.

Hence my initial thread.

I always thought he would get the boot for this. Who only knows what the Telegraph will publish next? apparently, they have a whole weeks worth of "exclusives" left to write after their months worth of investigations...I would imagine a few more managers "leaving by mutual consent" by this time next week.

Personally, I thought Stuart Pearce, would have been the better candidate or perhaps even Phil Neville as an English manager (only on a temporary basis though).

The problem is his voice. Sounds like a bad Ventriloquist act, appearing at the end of Blackpool pier.

Based on a 5 day week working 40 hours...Sam was paid.

3 million quid per year
60 grand per week
1,500 per hour

Not enough for him,he wanted even more.

Us mere mortals cannot get our heads around those figures,truly remarkable amounts of cash,it still wasn't enough for him.

Pigs in the trough.

Based on a 5 day week working 40 hours...Sam was paid.

3 million quid per year
60 grand per week
1,500 per hour

Not enough for him,he wanted even more.

Us mere mortals cannot get our heads around those figures,truly remarkable amounts of cash,it still wasn't enough for him.

Pigs in the trough.

Rich people in wanting more money shocker

Is it just me who'd want Klinsmann in? If he's available then surely he's by far the best candidate.

Anyone but Harry ****ing Redknapp!

Once again the media have gone on a witch hunt against the England manager. Yes Big Sam was an idiot but I don't understand why the media have this constant vendetta against anyone who takes the England job. People say they want managers like Eddie Howe to take over, do we really think he will want the job when the media are intent on ruining every England managers career?

Is it just me who'd want Klinsmann in? If he's available then surely he's by far the best candidate.

We have been down the foreign route without much success despite paying vast salaries,if I had yo choose between Jurgen and Wenger then Klinsman gets my vote.

My first choice is Howe...plays the game brilliantly,young and forward thinking,he is the man IMO.

Anyone but Harry ****ing Redknapp!

Once again the media have gone on a witch hunt against the England manager. Yes Big Sam was an idiot but I don't understand why the media have this constant vendetta against anyone who takes the England job. People say they want managers like Eddie Howe to take over, do we really think he will want the job when the media are intent on ruining every England managers career?

Entrapment !

Sam was an idiot,he had the England gig for just a month then thinks it's ok to enter into dubious discussions with complete strangers...was he set up,probably,was it his own fault absoulately.

Of the managers suggested there aren’t many I’dfancy:

Glenn Hoddle- Big no for me, he does know hisapples but I’ve heard so many ex players say what an awful man manager he isand I think there is a reason he hasn’t had a management job in the last 10years
Stuart Pearce- Amazes me this one is wheeledout everytime the job becomes available. Think it’s purely based on his passionand deserved status as a player. Woeful manager though.
Phil Neville- Actually like him, speaks a lotof sense. No experience as a manager though, maybe one day, not now.
Eddie Howe- I’d be happy with this appointment.Not sure how appealing England would be to him though when I’d have thought abigger Premiership club beckons sooner rather than later.
Arsene Wenger- As good as an English managerthe amount of time he has been here! Gone off the boil as Arsenal manager but thepart time England job might suit him. For me his downfall is wanting value fromhis transfers and not getting the requisite quality, that is not an issue atinternational level and I think he’d do a good job.
Redknapp- Not for me, would have been ideal toreplace Capelo as I see him as a short term fix not a long term plan.
Klinnsmann- He know the international game,wouldn’t be disappointed but would prefer Wenger or Howe. Done ok with USA,think that Germany’s progress may have been more down to Joachim Lowe

Think Wenger is the stand out choice personally

Entrapment !

Sam was an idiot,he had the England gig for just a month then thinks it's ok to enter into dubious discussions with complete strangers...was he set up,probably,was it his own fault absoulately.

Totally agree, I'm not saying Sam is totally innocent. He's an idiot for falling for the trap and blabbing his mouth to two strangers about stuff he shouldn't be. The fact is that why are the press constantly targeting the England manager, it's a constant vendetta and we wonder why we haven't had success since 66. If you play for England or manage them you are just under constant scrutiny.

Back