• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is breakfast in bed really a treat?

Options.

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
Ben from work is tonight off to his birds works summer ball at some poncey hotel somewhere.

He today claimed that as its all free he is going to make the most of it by having "Breakfast in bed" off the back of her company.

Now I personally think a cooked breakfast in bed is pretty rough for the following reasons.

1) Cant get comfortbale eating at that angle.
2) Dont like eating while just in my boxer shorts.
3) Dont like idea of crumbs in the bed all be it not my bed.
4) Having to have dirty plate in your room.

Ben on the plus side things the following

1) Dont have to get up early.
2) Brought to your room.
3) People cant see your shocking table manors.
4) People cant see you look like a pile of crap from the night before.

After he smashed me in the "peas with fish debate" he is now getting very cocky. Please settle this dispute.

DtS

it's a mugs game- why on earth would you want your stinking hangover compounded by making your room stink of fried food? not to mention the hot tea spilt over unclothed body scenario. Jog on, breakfast in bed.

i'd go to the dining room... especially if it was a help yourself style thingy

Get yerself down to the dining room and fill your face with as much breakfast buffet as you can before being politely asked to leave by the concierge - only a mug would do anything else.

Dunno, at least you can eat in your jammies.... and the lady in question could spread the marmite in some interesting places...... :D

Having been badly mentally scarred in a food / sex incident some twenty years ago, breakfast in bed for me is a total no.
Get yourself down to the dining area, where you can be safe.

The only upside of Breakfast in bed is that you don't have to face the people you embarrassed yourself in front of the previous night.

Otherwise, it's not for me.

Having been badly mentally scarred in a food / sex incident some twenty years ago, breakfast in bed for me is a total no.
Get yourself down to the dining area, where you can be safe.

Intriguing, it wasnt hunt the croissant was it?

Mug's game. If I'm hungover, I'm rarely up for any horizontal lambada action anyway, and you're certainly right that crumbs in the bed is a right no-no.

By all means bring me a glass of Berocca and two nurofen while I'm still in bed, but I'll always chuck on my clothes and head to the dining room for my full English.

Matt

Croissant up the harris? Yeah that put me off breakfast in bed aswell..... whoops did I say that out load?

No Mate, this involved a wife that got distracted, a tub of youghurt and washing facilities a good 100 yards away in what must have been 100 degree heat.
Back in the mid eighties we booked a cheap week away in a tent in Yugoslavia, worst mistake I have ever made, the campsite was full of Northerners who enjoyed nothing more than starting trouble either with the locals or amongst themselves, so me and the missus kept ourselves to ourselves and to pass the time we were mostly in the tent doing what young couples do best.
Being young and foolish I gave into the now ex Missus demands to introduce food into our sex life, and smeared my pride and joy with yoghurt and went to lie down on the bed awaiting her to come and do her stuff.
Sadly half an hour went by and no visit from the love of my life, upon investigation it turned out that she had decided to do the washing up instead, and had forgotten and no longer fancied it!.
By this time the Yoghurt had done what yoghurt does best and was in an absolute right state.
I then had the indignity of walking a good 100 yards dressed in only a towel and youghurt through these Northerners to the camp site washing facilities.
I can still hear the words now ''Eeh our Brenda, look what that soft b ugger of a cockneys done now''.

Well that was fairly tame. I was expecting stories of "hide the black pudding" that required a two hour operation and years of psychological counselling.

The all you can Breakfast sounds a treat, until you go to the Premier Travel Inn in Southampton on the weekend of a match day.

That weekend, they had 2 staff members working the service (excluding kitchen staff) and you ended up with about 50 or 60 Southend Fans battling it out for Food. I had a steaming hangover from the night before, and all i wanted was to settle my stomach with some food before taking the short walk to the ground. Instead i had to fight with somebody for a knife and fork, had cold toast as some jamaican woman crammed in enough bread to feed the starving into the toaster and had to wait another 20 minutes in line to actually get some food...

The all you can Breakfast sounds a treat, until you go to the Premier Travel Inn in Southampton on the weekend of a match day.

That weekend, they had 2 staff members working the service (excluding kitchen staff) and you ended up with about 50 or 60 Southend Fans battling it out for Food. I had a steaming hangover from the night before, and all i wanted was to settle my stomach with some food before taking the short walk to the ground. Instead i had to fight with somebody for a knife and fork, had cold toast as some jamaican woman crammed in enough bread to feed the starving into the toaster and had to wait another 20 minutes in line to actually get some food...

We went for breakfast around 9.15, and it was chaos then, and waited about half an hour befor we got served with coffee. Managed to get the full English in. I felt sorry for the lass who was trying to stem the tide, as she was very good. We complained bitterly about the situation, and we weren't charged for breakfast.

Back