• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
He claims it is here, but obviously anything he says needs to be taken with a vat of salt.

It seems like he was supposed to sign a new deal last year but maybe we dodged a bullet on that if he's conducting contract negotiations through Chris Phillips again.

I will first of all say that I am neither in the Brown in or the Brown out corner .......... but sat firmly on the fence with some nasty looking splinters in my back side. And I am not looking to turn this into another pro or anti-Brown discussion.

Having said that, if it is the case that Brown's contract does come to an end then that puts Ron in a very interesting position.

I am firmly of the belief that continuity is helpful for a club in general and we have had that at Southend United for quite some time. No quick chopping and changing like you see elsewhere that leaves you asking the question "who is the manager at ABC United now?" ............ so I can see (for a number of reasons) the rationale in sticking with Brown (and Coughlan).

However, I can also see a position that says that there are lots of people out there who come forward for any job in the football league. And whilst I am not going to name contenders I would be very interested to see who would apply. And interested to see what they could offer to S.U.F.C. Perhaps this is a riskier approach than sticking with Brown but sometimes risks bring rewards.

So, I am back to sitting on the fence ...................:omg:

I will first of all say that I am neither in the Brown in or the Brown out corner .......... but sat firmly on the fence with some nasty looking splinters in my back side. And I am not looking to turn this into another pro or anti-Brown discussion.

Having said that, if it is the case that Brown's contract does come to an end then that puts Ron in a very interesting position.

I am firmly of the belief that continuity is helpful for a club in general and we have had that at Southend United for quite some time. No quick chopping and changing like you see elsewhere that leaves you asking the question "who is the manager at ABC United now?" ............ so I can see (for a number of reasons) the rationale in sticking with Brown (and Coughlan).

However, I can also see a position that says that there are lots of people out there who come forward for any job in the football league. And whilst I am not going to name contenders I would be very interested to see who would apply. And interested to see what they could offer to S.U.F.C. Perhaps this is a riskier approach than sticking with Brown but sometimes risks bring rewards.

So, I am back to sitting on the fence ...................:omg:

Pass the tweezers...

Back