• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is Crouch worth £15m?

Vange Shrimper

Mrs Rock God
Discuss. Benitez seems to think so.....

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has hinted Peter Crouch can leave should the club receive £15m for the striker.

Benitez also confirmed that midfielder Harry Kewell and first-team coach Alex Miller would be leaving Anfield.

"Crouch wants to play every week but knows he must fight it out with Fernando Torres," Benitez said.

"We keep seeing Portsmouth linked with the player but we have had no offer as yet. A £15m price tag for Crouch would not be unreasonable."

Crouch has had limited first-team opportunities as Benitez has preferred to use Spaniard Torres - who has scored 32 goals so far this season - as a lone striker, with Steven Gerrard supporting from midfield.

Liverpool have offered the 27-year old a new contract, but earlier this month Crouch said he would decide on his future at the end of the season.

Crouch is quality but I don't think he's worth 15mill more like 10 ish.

I hope he stays but Benitez should play him more.

yes

ok, so he may not be the most refined player to have ever graced a football field, but he has a knack of scoring goals.

His international record is quality, and fair enough, all them goals have not come against the worlds hottest opposition, but in an England side that cant qualify for the Euro's, its not a bad record.

He can score goals against any team, and has the height to bully any defence. His hattrick agaisnt Arsenal proved just how deadly he can be, and its a shame that his season has been so restricted at Anfield, as it seems he scored just about every time he got on the pitch!

yes, when he plays he scores... whether in the league, cl or international. lets not forget that Darren bent was valued at 18m!

No-one is worth £15 million.

But the market is a bit crazy, so i'd say Crouch would fetch £8 million, with an extra £2 million of add-on's!

Crouch is worth around 6-7 mill max IMO, but the fact that your english makes your value go up by 6-10 mill. If he was French he'd be worth 6-7 Mill.

The same applies to Barry, O'neill reckons he's worth more than 10 mill - bo//ocks! He's worth around the same as Crouch and the fact that he's english means managers get mugged off for paying more.

I wouldn't say Crouchy was worth £15m maybe between £5 - 8m

I do think he's a good player and his record isnt actually that bad he scores a few goals but he does need to play more

any team outside the "big four" would love to have Peter Crouch in their squad

Surely he has got to be worth more than 5-8 million. He is an England international with "a great touch for a big man". He has scored quite a lot of goals in the Champions League and his England record is impressive.

I would say in today's market that 15 million is spot on.

I also think that Darren Bent was overpriced at the time but given a run in any Premiership team he would score 20 plus goals in the season.

Anyone else amazed when Crouch started getting long range shots and doing overhead kicks? Scored some amazing goals in the last couple of years.

Crouch is worth around 6-7 mill max IMO, but the fact that your english makes your value go up by 6-10 mill. If he was French he'd be worth 6-7 Mill.

The same applies to Barry, O'neill reckons he's worth more than 10 mill - bo//ocks! He's worth around the same as Crouch and the fact that he's english means managers get mugged off for paying more.

With Barry though, I think he is better than Carrick and Carrick went for 16m(?) so where does that leave Barrys valuation

Weird statement this.

Basically seems to be saying: "We kind of want to keep Crouch, but won't play him often enough to make it worth our while, and he'ss a bit ****ed off at the situation, so if you fancy him he's yours for £15 million (though we think thats a bit high in all honesty), and if after that we've no takers we'll go back to scandalously under using him once more"

Back