• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is div V going to be any easier?

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
Having relegated from III last season, I've got 4 top 40 teams in my div IV.

Is V going to be any easier next season?

My bowlers are still dead.

I haven't been in III since Season 15 so can't really comment with any knowledge! I'd say the levels in FC are pretty much of a muchness between III and VI - you just have to get lucky. If anything, the higher you go the more you're likely to catch a bot or sell up drifting through. I've been in II for 4 seasons now and haven't had a full set of competitive fixtures in any of them. With more teams in OD leagues you get a more defined difference between levels.

My advice if you're not going to go up and are struggling with PFL is to pick and choose your games, throw the games that precede OD away games so you don't lose so much in receipts and go for the ones that precede home games (especially if you have successive OD and FC games at home in the following 7 days - finances first, cricket 2nd!). My current good run hasn't actually been that productive as I've only had one home game within it. I should now get decent receipts for my OD and Cup games this weekend but it's an age before I next play in FC at home which is the real money maker and I could have a cup defeat by then which would ruin everything. Last FC home game was preceded by OD and BT20 losses which stifled receipts.

What about finances? Is it more profitable to be bottom of the division above, or top of the division below?

The latter by a long way.

I got promoted in FC and OD last season and now losing money hand over fist (even after selling a few players to get my wage bill down)! Quite possibly the worst thing that could have happened really and just want to get through as best i can. Looking forward to going straight back down, and making some money again.

Back