• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is Easter being hijacked?

NZamba Legend

Deep-lying playmaker ⭐
I see that many so-called Christians are now trying to claim that Easter is something to do with the death of Jesus. In Britain we have known for years that the true meaning of Easter is about scoffing hot cross buns and chocolate eggs. First they take over Christmas, now Easter- where will it stop? What's more the BBC is pandering to these minorities by giving them air time and screening some play called the Preston Passion where Jesus gets killed in Preston High Street. I'm worried the violent nature of this programme will put my kids off their Happy Meal. It's PC gone mad!

I agree . This is a time of remembering the delicious nature of choclate and the fornication of mammals of all sizes .
As well as Odin hanging from the world tree.

Shame .

I see that many so-called Christians are now trying to claim that Easter is something to do with the death of Jesus. In Britain we have known for years that the true meaning of Easter is about scoffing hot cross buns and chocolate eggs. First they take over Christmas, now Easter- where will it stop? What's more the BBC is pandering to these minorities by giving them air time and screening some play called the Preston Passion where Jesus gets killed in Preston High Street. I'm worried the violent nature of this programme will put my kids off their Happy Meal. It's PC gone mad!

Christmas is a real shocker considering jesus was born in October

Sod the religious lot - £8 for one Easter egg in my local Asda! ****ing Cadbury/Nestle/Take-Your-Bloody-Pick, ripping everyone off!

Gone to the wrong place I bought about 6 Easter Eggs for £10 from Tesco's and they weren't small or cheap one's either.

Satire is alive and well. Who needs all that sex and violence in the Bible when you can get it on tv?
Like all minorities in the UK, as a Christian I see it as my responsibility to undermine and eventually destroy the British way of life.:raspberry:
Cover your ears and close your eyes .... today is the day billions all over the earth celebrate that ''God so loved the world that He sent His only Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life".

Satire is alive and well. Who needs all that sex and violence in the Bible when you can get it on tv?
Like all minorities in the UK, as a Christian I see it as my responsibility to undermine and eventually destroy the British way of life.:raspberry:
Cover your ears and close your eyes .... today is the day billions all over the earth celebrate that ''God so loved the world that He sent His only Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life".
To be nailed to a cross , suffer for made up sins which he has no real right or abaility to take from others :P
For an omnipitent being he seems strangly unimaganative (Odin , Osiris , Dionysis et al did alot of this first ya know ;-))

To be nailed to a cross , suffer for made up sins which he has no real right or abaility to take from others :P
For an omnipitent being he seems strangly unimaganative (Odin , Osiris , Dionysis et al did alot of this first ya know ;-))

It was a stake, not a cross

Plus there are several mentions of virgin births prior to Christianity

i felt mostly wronged. My £5 off voucher for Tesco expired on Easter Sunday, and i couldn't use it because the shop was closed!

I will leave it in your capable (?) hands to persuade God of His lack of imagination when the time comes though myself as someone of limited intellectual ability/time to trawl the internet for wacky theories (depending on your point of view) I merely offer the following observation:
Worldwide followers today:
Jesus - somewhere between 1 billion and 2 billion
Odin - not many
Osiris - not many
Dionysis - not many

I will leave it in your capable (?) hands to persuade God of His lack of imagination when the time comes though myself as someone of limited intellectual ability/time to trawl the internet for wacky theories (depending on your point of view) I merely offer the following observation:
Worldwide followers today:
Jesus - somewhere between 1 billion and 2 billion
Odin - not many
Osiris - not many
Dionysis - not many

** must not bite....must not bite ***

Back