• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Leaders of political parties need charisma just as much as political nous. I don't think that Miliband the younger is a weirdo (pretty rich appearing in an American rag) but he appeals to a narrow spectrum of voters in my view. I would much rather his brother was at the helm but that is not going to happen.

Never quite understood why UKIP people hate Labour so much.

Let's face it the only seat(s) UKIP might win at next year's G/E will be from the Tories.

Surely it follows then, that UKIP should be aiming their firepower at the Tories, rather than Labour?

Last edited:
Never quite understood why UKIP people hate Labour so much.

Let's face it the only seat(s) UKIP might win at next year's G/E will be from the Tories.

Surely it follows then, that UKIP should be aiming their firepower at the Tories, rather than Labour?

Just to point out...the article relates to Labour supporters not UKIP.
As is well documented it is also Labour voters turning to UKIP.

Just to point out...the article relates to Labour supporters not UKIP.
As is well documented it is also Labour voters turning to UKIP.

"Britain's Labour Party had high hopes for Thursday's local elections. As the results came out, however, those hopes began to fade. The real story of the election seems to be the remarkable success of the renegade anti-Europe party UKIP – a success that often came at the expense of Labour."

Contrary to this nonsense above, from the article in question, the real story of the local elections was that Labour won, not UKIP.

UKIP didn't win control of a single council in the UK.Not one.

Contrary to your assertion,Labour supporters are not turning to UKIP in anything like the proportion that former Tory voters are.(The ratio is about 1:3, IIRC).

Hence my question,which I note you haven't tried to answer.

Yes he is. He looks like a socially awkward nerdy teenager. Posing with the Sun just shows how out of touch he is. I wouldn't vote for him as a Student Union president let alone Prime Minister. The thought of him leading our great nation scares me. Say what you like about Cameron but at least he has an air of leadership about him. If you're on Twitter you should follow 'Odd Miliband'.

Last edited:
"Britain's Labour Party had high hopes for Thursday's local elections. As the results came out, however, those hopes began to fade. The real story of the election seems to be the remarkable success of the renegade anti-Europe party UKIP – a success that often came at the expense of Labour."

Contrary to this nonsense above, from the article in question, the real story of the local elections was that Labour won, not UKIP.

UKIP didn't win control of a single council in the UK.Not one.

Contrary to your assertion,Labour supporters are not turning to UKIP in anything like the proportion that former Tory voters are.(The ratio is about 1:3, IIRC).

Hence my question,which I note you haven't tried to answer.

I have answered it...but again just for you...the article relates to labour supporters that think Milliband is weird...not UKIP.
You have dragged UKIP into this, no one else.

Yes he is. He looks like a socially awkward nerdy teenager. Posing with the Sun just shows how out of touch he is. I wouldn't vote for him as a Student Union president let alone Prime Minister. The thought of him leading our great nation scares me. Say what you like about Cameron but at least he has an air of leadership about him. If you're on Twitter you should follow 'Odd Miliband'.
All three of the main party leaders posed with the Sun

I have answered it...but again just for you...the article relates to labour supporters that think Milliband is weird...not UKIP.
You have dragged UKIP into this, no one else.

I suggest you re-read the article.

The main thrust of it is about UKIP's performance in the local elections, which was falsely attributed to Miliband's lack of whatever.

The fact that it quotes approvingly from a well-known Tory proganda website tells you all you need to know its accuracy and impartiality.

IIRC,Ed was a Student Union president back in the day.

Last edited:
Back