• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Is Foran in Squad for to-day ?

Irate Ian

Members
Read in Chelsea programme he's back from Darlo. With Stan due to depart, are we about to give RF a second chance ?

I would be staggered if he is, I can see your logic Ian but Foran's bridges have obviously been burnt here.

What like we dont need a goalscorer ?

or a left sided player to balance team.

Suppose its back to basics with Scannell then, when Stan departs.

Tilly has made it abundantly clear that Foran will play no further part in the team, for whatever reason. As we don't have (and are probably never likely to have) all the facts, I will have to trust Tilly's judgement in this, which I am perfectly happy to do.

He could have been our 7th sub on Weds if this was to be the case. Seems a waste, if we're paying him we ought to get him to do something to earn it, and with Junior going back, we're a bit light on wide men which is where Tilly had played him.

He could have been our 7th sub on Weds if this was to be the case. Seems a waste, if we're paying him we ought to get him to do something to earn it, and with Junior going back, we're a bit light on wide men which is where Tilly had played him.

If Tilly and Ron are keeping him away from the squad even on his (apparently) generous wages I can only assume that they have a very good reason for it. Ron is very shrewd, and I can't see him letting that money go down the drain without good cause.

He's obviously match fit having played 13 games for Darlington recently. We should just pay him up and get rid of him if he's not going to play. Has to be one of the worst signings ever in Southend history.

If Tilly and Ron are keeping him away from the squad even on his (apparently) generous wages I can only assume that they have a very good reason for it. Ron is very shrewd, and I can't see him letting that money go down the drain without good cause.

Is it possible it is any way related to the disputed legal case with an agent, leading to the recent CCJ recorded against the club for + £14K ?

Most arguments are financially related & thats not a cue for the mods to move to move to another forum !

As with Scannell, he was registered with another club when we played at Stamford Bridge, so he couldn't have been on the bench anyway.

As with Scannell, he was registered with another club when we played at Stamford Bridge, so he couldn't have been on the bench anyway.

Ah, thought he'd returned when we played the original match. All irrelevant really, can't see him ever pulling on a Southend shirt again.

Ah, thought he'd returned when we played the original match. All irrelevant really, can't see him ever pulling on a Southend shirt again.

Nope, he played for Darlington the day we played Chelsea. But yeah I'm sure you're right, it's pretty irrelevant. ;)

Like Century United, I am more than happy to accept Tillys judgement on this and am fully aware that he will not play for us again.

But for those who want to know why, Ron has always said he's approachable so why not email him or Tilly and ask?

Back