• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Is is acceptable to bring a Dog into a banking hall.

Options

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
I am currently studying for my IFA exams. This basically means being stuck in a office of a high street bank for seven hours at a time.

Having not worked in retail banking for about 8 years I am amazed by how standards of customers have slipped.

Being in a sleepy sussex town I imagined it would be friendly old dears coming in for £10 to feed themselves and there cats but in fact the bulk of people that come in are chavs.

Recent incidents include a large number of people coming into the bank with no shirt on and drunk, and a large number of snotted tissues being stuffed into the quick drop cheque box.

Today is all time low when a customer who has at the moment got away with it has allowed a dog to deficate in the branch. As I type it being dealth with by our 17 year old cashier Ryan with his marigolds and a bottle of fairly liquid. Good lad.

My question is - Is it really acceptable to bring a dog (Not a guide dog) into a retail bank. There are railings outside before you ask.

I am currently studying for my IFA exams. This basically means being stuck in a office of a high street bank for seven hours at a time.

Having not worked in retail banking for about 8 years I am amazed by how standards of customers have slipped.

Being in a sleepy sussex town I imagined it would be friendly old dears coming in for £10 to feed themselves and there cats but in fact the bulk of people that come in are chavs.

Recent incidents include a large number of people coming into the bank with no shirt on and drunk, and a large number of snotted tissues being stuffed into the quick drop cheque box.

Today is all time low when a customer who has at the moment got away with it has allowed a dog to deficate in the branch. As I type it being dealth with by our 17 year old cashier Ryan with his marigolds and a bottle of fairly liquid. Good lad.

My question is - Is it really acceptable to bring a dog (Not a guide dog) into a retail bank. There are railings outside before you ask.

Symptomatic of the decline in good taste and standards though, people think they can do what they like. Would never have happened back in the days when I ran the counter at Southend High Street's Midland Bank, but people wouldn't have presumed to do it.

If you know who the customer with the dog was then I'd be recommending a personal letter highlighting the unsocial aspect of the dog's behaviour and a request to leave it outside in future.

I say no if the owner cannot guarantee them to be kept under control. In fact I think a defecating dog is worse than a breast feeding mum ;)

People should be prevented from owning dogs if they cant control them or clean up their mess.

As for what you should do, Id follow my Dads preferred method....when a dog shat outside our old house he scooped it up with a ping pong bat, followed the owner up the road and ask them to take it back. When they refused he gave it back to him anyway....by smearing it over the owners coat. I expect nowdays that would probably constitute assualt or criminal damage sadly.

Symptomatic of the decline in good taste and standards though, people think they can do what they like. Would never have happened back in the days when I ran the counter at Southend High Street's Midland Bank, but people wouldn't have presumed to do it.

If you know who the customer with the dog was then I'd be recommending a personal letter highlighting the unsocial aspect of the dog's behaviour and a request to leave it outside in future.

You are working on the premise that said customer has the ability to read.

It's unaaceptable to bring a dog into any retail establishment in my opinion (excepting guide dogs of course). If you don't want to leave them outside, leave them at home. Stupid chavs.

You are working on the premise that said customer has the ability to read.

Well, yes. At least in the old days you did get the occasional customer who signed with a X (yes, really!) the ease with which people get bank accounts these days does suggest a certain familiarity with words and numbers.

Oh, and poor old Ryan goes without saying as well!

Havinh just watched poor Ryan battle with this pooch **** I feel really sorry for him.

It was more the size of Elephant droppings that a dogs.

I bet the chav wasn't alone either, so said "elephant" could have been left outside with chav friend/chavette while chav transacted their bona fide business.

** UPDATE **

Ryan now claims to feel sick but David the boss (Not my boss though) has said a resounding No as ther are less than two hours left...

** UPDATE **

Ryan now claims to feel sick but David the boss (Not my boss though) has said a resounding No as ther are less than two hours left...

Let the lad go and have a good wash, get a drink of water and have some fresh air - he'll have that smell in his mouth, nose and all over him!

In fact I think a defecating dog is worse than a breast feeding mum ;)

At least we agree on something :D

Dogs should be left outside unfortunately we have hit a time when even tied up dogs are nicked. So if it is an expensive pooch leave it at home, if it is a mongrel and you do not mind gambling whether it will end up in a sweet and sour sauce then bring it shopping but tie it up outside.

(A) I would not pick s**t up...... for anybody!

(B) I was in a bank with "lyndsey dawn Mckenzie" once and shes a dog, does that count?

Back