• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Is it just me?

its not just you. I’m finding it as tedious now as Brexit. Same strategy be8ng employed: drag it out as long as possible, in the most attritive manner, to wear down supporters resolve until such point that they couldn’t care less and the appointment, any appointment, will pass with melancholic sigh of indifference.

That's a very good point and I imagine that's probably part of RM's plan. I just want things resolved though I am a bit excited about changes in players, formations and tactics

I think the formations have been okay, it’s the players and tactics that have been hugely lacking and disappointing. I’m hoping the new manager with give the whole club a lift, put the buzz back into the crowd, inspire commitment from and motivate the players, and get Roots Hall rocking again.

I half expected someone to turn this thread into a poll by now! The whole situation does feel so tedious now, compounded by the fact we dread each performance while it drags on.

We will eventually have a new manager, Hopper is returning soon and Humphrey’s is joint 8th top scorer in league one. ... Reasons to be cheerful etc

You're just upset that Waddock hasn't been named manager. I know he was your favourite.

Again, I'm not going to bite on your little fishing trip. What I will say is the results from Waddock haven't panned out as I was hoping they would

I think the problems lay deeper within and as much as I like Waddock and what he is trying to do, he won't be our permanent manager

I'm really not bothered, I've just replied to people's responses. Nice try at fishing but no cigar

Again, I'm not going to bite on your little fishing trip. What I will say is the results from Waddock haven't panned out as I was hoping they would

I think the problems lay deeper within and as much as I like Waddock and what he is trying to do, he won't be our permanent manager
Well done for not biting

Again, I'm not going to bite on your little fishing trip. What I will say is the results from Waddock haven't panned out as I was hoping they would/QUOTE]

The results from every manager ever haven't panned out as I was hoping or we'd be Man Citeh.

I got the pan out today and made a wonderful omelette with ham and mushrooms

mmmmmmm lovely lunch

Yeah it's boring now. Ron Martin has completely messed this up I'm afraid...no managerial appointment should take this long and it's harming us more and more every day this drags out.

What's the record for any league club not having an official manager? Lets get that first before hiring Barrett

That's something a Webby team always had. The likes of Spinner, Butler, Martin etc always gave 110%

.....slight difference, they had ability!

Butler v Mantom, Spinner v Lennon.....Martin v Alice Band, enough said.

It's a fine line between earning the players respect and getting them to play well and a manager who just flogs a dead horse.

Barrett and Tilly for me would in still discipline while getting the players to Play for pride and with a freedom they seem to currently lack.

Tend to agree with the poster of this thread.

With no new manager in place the game on Saturday is a nailed on defeat, but I'll still have a good day out - bringing ex players back to Roots Hall is always a delight, seeing them greet old friends, team mates and fans, often for the first time in decades, being asked to sign autographs like they used to do years ago, and generally made to feel welcome and the centre of attention as they re-live old memories.

Since I've been doing this (SUEPA started in Jan 2018) our home form has been woeful, the games generally rubbish, but I've had a great time and in many ways feel priviliged on behalf of the Shrimpers Trust to be doing this.

On Sat we have two members of our 70/71 squad as our guests.

Manager, what manager? Forget that, just follow SUEPA (see our regular posts on Facebook and Twitter) and have your spirits uplifted with positve new memories created from the past

UTB

Back