• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is it just me ??

I’ve been quite busy in the last couple of weeks, so not had very much time to log in for a quick peek. Today, I received an automated email telling me about “what I am missing on the Shrimperzone”
Truth is , I’m still too angry and depressed at what has been allowed to happen to the club that I have followed for over 50 fuggin years !!! ??‍♂️???‍♂️?

Witnessing what Martin has reduced us to , has been like watching a loved one being “cared for“ by Dr Harold Shipman. The sooner his toxic grip on what is left of this club comes to an end…….the better it will be for us all.

It will never happen I know……and that’s what’s so depressing. No doubt all the Martin apologists will have a different view of our demise.

Rant over………I’m off to kick the cat up the arse !

( Disclaimer; only joking about the cat ! )

Last edited:
I’ve been quite busy in the last couple of weeks, so not had very much time to log in for a quick peek. Today, I received an automated email telling me about “what I am missing on the Shrimperzone”
Truth is , I’m still too angry and depressed at what has been allowed to happen to the club that I have followed for over 50 fuggin years !!! ??‍♂️???‍♂️?

Witnessing what Martin has reduced us to , has been like watching a loved being “cared for“ by Dr Harold Shipman. The sooner his toxic grip on what is left of this club comes to an end…….the better it will be for us all.

It will never happen I know……and that’s what’s so depressing. No doubt all the Martin apologists will have a different view of our demise.

Rant over………I’m off to kick the cat up the arse !

( Disclaimer; only joking about the cat ! )
Are you kidding? We've signed SAM DALBY!!! Come on, lift yourself.

The nearer it gets to the start of the season the more depressed I am getting about the future. I wasn't too bothered when relegation out of the EFL was confirmed but now the enormity of the situation has hit me. Hope I am wrong but I feel it's going to be a hard league to get out of and we are not up to the task.

The nearer it gets to the start of the season the more depressed I am getting about the future. I wasn't too bothered when relegation out of the EFL was confirmed but now the enormity of the situation has hit me. Hope I am wrong but I feel it's going to be a hard league to get out of and we are not up to the task.
Listen Bobby McFerrin….it’s really not that bad. Chill for a few years in the National League before we pull together an emotional return to tier 4 obscurity. It’s going to be GREAT.

I get where you’re coming from, but bizarrely for me, this is the first season I’ve been excited for in about 8/9 years.

I spilt with an ex around then, and lost interest in most things to be honest, was a really **** time and genuinely couldnt care less about football, let alone Southend. I gave up playing, stopped following the Club on social media, and was rarely on here.

Last season, even before Covid, I was never getting a season ticket. I had my son in the January, and didn’t want to spend time away from him and my fiancée. Especially to watch something I couldn’t care less about.

I didn’t bother with the two games we were allowed to see last season, and because of my shifts, I genuinely don’t remember the last time I’ve seen Southend win in the flesh. I couldn’t tell you. I missed the Bristol Rovers win before Covid.

The relegation from League One to League Two didn’t bother me, I couldn’t care, and the relegation to non-league didn’t bother me either. I remember crying my eyes out at previous relegations, and a Southend win would make my weekend, and a Southend defeat would break my weekend.

Having my son, and kicking a ball around with him, and the Euros has sparked my interest in football again. I’ve got a season ticket for this season, I’m waiting to see if I can get my son one (Even though he’ll be too young this season), I’m getting him the kit and I’m tempted to get myself a shirt too (I’ve not brought one since our Championship season).

I can’t wait for the new season. I have a lot of family that live in and around Stockport way, so I’m going Stockport away. I’m looking at other away days, shift work permitting.

I feel like I have the bug again. I won’t let a Southend defeat ruin a weekend, I’ll be fine by the time I get home. I’m looking forward to beers in the Railway, seeing my mates I go with, being in a crowd of people, and seeing some fight on the pitch.

It’s a depressing thought lining up in non-league, but I couldn’t care less. I just want to enjoy my football again, and ultimately I go to watch Southend play, not the opposition whether it’s a Manchester City, a Liverpool, a Weymouth or a Stockport.

There has been a lot wrong at this Club for a number of years, but there is a lot of good going on behind the scenes too. There is a real harmony behind the scenes, the big players are all singing off the same hymn sheet. Obviously this doesn’t guarantee a promotion charge, or even mid-table obscurity, but it’s a good starting point.

Last edited:
I get where you’re coming from, but bizarrely for me, this is the first season I’ve been excited for in about 5/6 years.

I spilt with an ex around then, and lost interest in most things to be honest, was a really **** time and genuinely couldnt care less about football, let alone Southend. I gave up playing, stopped following the Club on social media, and was rarely on here.

Last season, even before Covid, I was never getting a season ticket. I had my son in the January, and didn’t want to spend time away from him and my fiancée. Especially to watch something I couldn’t care less about.

I didn’t bother with the two games we were allowed to see last season, and because of my shifts, I genuinely don’t remember the last time I’ve seen Southend win in the flesh. I couldn’t tell you. I missed the Bristol Rovers win before Covid.

The relegation from League One to League Two didn’t bother me, I couldn’t care, and the relegation to non-league didn’t bother me either. I remember crying my eyes out at previous relegations, and a Southend win would make my weekend, and a Southend defeat would break my weekend.

Having my son, and kicking a ball around with him, and the Euros has sparked my interest in football again. I’ve got a season ticket for this season, I’m waiting to see if I can get my son one (Even though he’ll be too young this season), I’m getting him the kit and I’m tempted to get myself a shirt too (I’ve not brought one since our Championship season).

I can’t wait for the new season. I have a lot of family that live in and around Stockport way, so I’m going Stockport away. I’m looking at other away days, shift work permitting.

I feel like I have the bug again. I won’t let a Southend defeat ruin a weekend, I’ll be fine by the time I get home. I’m looking forward to beers in the Railway, seeing my mates I go with, being in a crowd of people, and seeing some fight on the pitch.

It’s a depressing thought lining up in non-league, but I couldn’t care less. I just want to enjoy my football again, and ultimately I go to watch Southend play, not the opposition whether it’s a Manchester City, a Liverpool, a Weymouth or a Stockport.

There has been a lot wrong at this Club for a number of years, but there is a lot of good going on behind the scenes too. There is a real harmony behind the scenes, the big players are all singing off the same hymn sheet. Obviously this doesn’t guarantee a promotion charge, or even mid-table obscurity, but it’s a good starting point.
Glad you're feeling more positive. Hope things turn out well for you BW2

No, it's not just you. There are about 300 Zone members called Barry with an equally morose outlook.

Me, I'm looking forward to a season where we're very unlikely to get relegated and things are just starting to look up. You never know, we might surprise a few people.

20 years ago i would have been inconsolable, and although gutted and cant quite believe we are non league there are more things in life to worry about so much then the footy.

So sad/in denial of our league position, but actually really looking forward to this season.

That will all be erased if we lose every game of course lol. Mid table and a few good wins and some goals will be infinitely better then the last few years.

I agree that the past few seasons have been completely shocking! This hand in hand with lockdown after lockdown has made life very depressing at times but that said there does seem to be a much more positive air coming out of the club and being able to return to games which we all used to take for granted not so long ago has lifted my spirits and I am really looking forward to it.

I get where you’re coming from, but bizarrely for me, this is the first season I’ve been excited for in about 8/9 years.

Fair play ! That puts things into perspective. Good luck ?

No, it's not just you. There are about 300 Zone members called Barry with an equally morose outlook.

Me, I'm looking forward to a season where we're very unlikely to get relegated and things are just starting to look up. You never know, we might surprise a few people.
Barry !! A cool name ! ?

Actually one of us is actually a Barrymore, I will have you know, what what !

Below stairs staff, especially from Europe getting harder to find, what what

I'll be happy to see us win a few games that's how low my expectations are!

Back